Bettas with Angels

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
The anegsl are very calm and mind their own business, theres planty of hiding places. The male was in a 1/2 gallon, i have no other tanks expect my ten gallon which is stocked and nothing esle can be stocked. Not putting him back in the 1/2 gallon prison he was in before. He swims around the whole tank and he calmed down quite abit. The female swims around the whole tank and her stripes are gone now. I think it depends on the personality of the fish.

Darth Scohin

Daphnia
May 2, 2010
Mountain Basin, Near Valley
Then buy a 2.5gal, a carbon filter pad and two folder spines and you've got yourself a happy male and happy female betta...that's what I did with my Black Dragonscale & Platnium HM

CrunchyLeaf

AC Members
Feb 21, 2012
Real Name
Manna
The anegsl are very calm and mind their own business, theres planty of hiding places. The male was in a 1/2 gallon, i have no other tanks expect my ten gallon which is stocked and nothing esle can be stocked. Not putting him back in the 1/2 gallon prison he was in before. He swims around the whole tank and he calmed down quite abit. The female swims around the whole tank and her stripes are gone now. I think it depends on the personality of the fish.
Sorry, i know I'm new around here, but why even bother asking if this is the end result?

Sent from my LG-P999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
Sorry, i know I'm new around here, but why even bother asking if this is the end result?

Sent from my LG-P999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
It's a pattern that far too many people new to the hobby seem to have. They don't ask to get a logical, thought out answer from experienced aquarists. They ask because they're hoping to find that one other person that's willing to agree with them, so they can justify doing what they already know is wrong. They want permission to "break the rules."

Betta in big tank = unhappy betta
Betta + Angel = bad news, potentially life threatening
Betta + Betta = bad news, potentially life threatening
Betta + Gourami = bad news, potentially life threatening

This is what I have learned through research and through the shared knowledge and experience of fishkeepers far more knowledgeable than myself.

I understand the mentality of needing to learn everything from experience, trying things to see if they work, etc. I really do. The world would never move forward if we didn't deviate from "the norm" from time to time. But when it involves the lives of living creatures that a person has assumed the responsibility of keeping healthy, happy, and safe, ignoring advice and warnings from those with more experience can be extremely harmful, and goes to show how much a person actually cares about their pets. Half the reason for forums like this in the first place, is so that people can learn from the mistakes of others, without having to make them themselves.

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
Here Here!!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I have no place for a 2.5 gallon tank. I had the bettas in the tank for close to 3 months now, and they seem fine, swimming freely. No one is perfect when caring for fish, please stop bashing on me...I hardly have the money to keep up maintence, but I'm able to keep the filter going and do small water changes when I get the chance and free time. I haven't gotten any fungus or other illnesses in the tank for awhile.

I'm trying to get my dad to take two of his overly aggressive angel fish to a local pet shop, he has them in a breeder net, cause they killed one of the other angels he had and attacked anything in the tank. But he won't do that, they started getting nasty after pairing up and bred.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
It's a pattern that far too many people new to the hobby seem to have. They don't ask to get a logical, thought out answer from experienced aquarists. They ask because they're hoping to find that one other person that's willing to agree with them, so they can justify doing what they already know is wrong. They want permission to "break the rules."

Betta in big tank = unhappy betta
Betta + Angel = bad news, potentially life threatening
Betta + Betta = bad news, potentially life threatening
Betta + Gourami = bad news, potentially life threatening

This is what I have learned through research and through the shared knowledge and experience of fishkeepers far more knowledgeable than myself.

I understand the mentality of needing to learn everything from experience, trying things to see if they work, etc. I really do. The world would never move forward if we didn't deviate from "the norm" from time to time. But when it involves the lives of living creatures that a person has assumed the responsibility of keeping healthy, happy, and safe, ignoring advice and warnings from those with more experience can be extremely harmful, and goes to show how much a person actually cares about their pets. Half the reason for forums like this in the first place, is so that people can learn from the mistakes of others, without having to make them themselves.
i dont think bettas are unhappy in a big tank, but the rest i agree with.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
I have no place for a 2.5 gallon tank. I had the bettas in the tank for close to 3 months now, and they seem fine, swimming freely. No one is perfect when caring for fish, please stop bashing on me...I hardly have the money to keep up maintence, but I'm able to keep the filter going and do small water changes when I get the chance and free time. I haven't gotten any fungus or other illnesses in the tank for awhile.

I'm trying to get my dad to take two of his overly aggressive angel fish to a local pet shop, he has them in a breeder net, cause they killed one of the other angels he had and attacked anything in the tank. But he won't do that, they started getting nasty after pairing up and bred.
well when something dies..... make a thread so we can say we told you so ;) take the fish back to the store if you cant take care of them.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I can take care of them! The store won't take them back, some of the fish are over a year some are 2-3 years old. The male betta is 3 going on 4, and my large angel is going to be 3. The groumai is afraid of the betta, I have no clue why since he's 2 inches bigger. No store will take these guys, unless I go over a hr away to a fish shop that may take some... they took my shark, pleco and spotted catfish. All of my fish are calm and just wait for me to feed them, dancing for their food when I look at them. My dad also takes some of my fish once in awhile, only when my guppies and swordtails breed, he'll take a few of them of them like 4-5 and I take the rest to a pet shop when I can.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store