Bettas with Angels

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
"The groumai is afraid of the betta, I have no clue why since he's 2 inches bigger."

Seems like this is a sign of aggression and a stress to me.

I haven't read anything here that appears to bash you. I see a lot of input from a lot of experienced hobbyist who took the time to give you their input to a thread that you started and asked for input. If you choose not to take their advice, that is your decision. If you don't want any more advice on this subject, ask to have the thread closed so you don't feel like you are getting "bashed" with any new input.

If things take a turn for the worse( which I personally feel it will) and you have fish die, get injured or end up sick and diseased, please don't start another thread asking "what happened" "what went wrong"....... you will already know what happened by re-reading this thread. This will also prevent you from reading any new posts that you think are meant to hurt or bash you.

I wish your fish the best of luck.......

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
The gourmai is fine now, not really scared anymore and my betta no longer flairs at him or my other fish. I was just trying to see if my angelfish would bother a male betta, since they never bothered the female, and nothing really happened. Plus they are well fed and I may clean out my vases and put those away. I have a 1 1/2 gallon plastic tank I could put the male betta in, I just have to make room for it.

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
1hr55min to go from aggression/stress to peaceful co-habitation?
Good luck to your fish, I see already that it is pointless to respond to any thread you start as you seem to backpeddle every time a member points out an issue in something you state in a prior post.
I really wish you luck. Don't worry, you will see nothing more from me in any of your threads.

JamieMonster

AC Members
Mar 16, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
Real Name
Jamie
1hr55min to go from aggression/stress to peaceful co-habitation?
Good luck to your fish, I see already that it is pointless to respond to any thread you start as you seem to backpeddle every time a member points out an issue in something you state in a prior post.
I really wish you luck. Don't worry, you will see nothing more from me in any of your threads.
+1

Bad decisions knowingly made before attempting them, tries to get permission and back-up for the bad decisions on an aquarium enthusiasts' forum ONLY to have someone agree that it will be ok- not actually because she is concerned, not willing to listen to advice, views being told she is making bad decisions & putting most of her (overstocked without even frequent water changes) tank inhabitants in danger as "bashing" her- when it is only answering a question she asked with honest answers, brings up problems already happening and then continually makes excuses & backpeddles that everything is going OK (they are not) within hours of admitting the problem... obviously a very immature child incapable of listening or taking advice, and totally not worth answering because of that, as it makes absolutely NO difference.

Do what you want to do, Kayla... you already are anyways. Obviously no one is going to tell you you are making good decisions with your fish tanks, here, because you're not... You are wasting YOUR time, as well as everyone else's, even attempting it.

So, here, you want someone to agree with you?
YES, you can put all of those species of fish together in a small tank, in the numbers you have them in- You already have... it is physically possible to place the fish in that tank. It will work about as well as taking a 2 bedroom, small apartment- sealing off all entrances and exits permanently, and removing all interior doors, so none can be closed- then trying to put 2 baby lions, a baby hyena, a cow about 18 cats and dogs, that keep having babies, and a couple of goats in it with you and a really cute boy, who may also potentially be a serial killer, with someone tossing food in there every day, and maybe cleaning the place up every so often, if they have the time... Sure- everything will possibly be hunky-dory for a few months, maybe even a year- if you're SUPER lucky. The end result will probably be really bad- but you absolutely CAN put them all together, if you really don't care about the outcome. And THAT is your problem right there... you care more about just doing what you want to do, rather than honestly caring about the actual outcome of your actions. I feel sorry for your fish, in my opinion, if you aren't mature and responsible enough to take care of them the RIGHT way, you shouldn't have them... and that is STILL not "bashing" you- other than bad fishkeeping practices, I am sure you are a lovely young lady, it is being concerned for your fish, who can't remove themselves from the situation you have put them in other than killing each other or just dying of heart attacks to alleviate the stress, over being concerned about your need for being "right" about, and feeling justified for, your really bad decisions.

I wish your fish a lot of luck, and minimal stress and pain. I definitely won't be paying attention to any more of your posts. I hope everything works out well, for the sake of the living creatures under your care.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store