Big boys for a 75g?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Agent_Scully

AC Oscar Club Member #1
Jul 9, 2008
Georgia
Oscars are way fun but people say that a 75 is minimal for one. But you could add a pleco if you had the 75

Corax

Temporarily risen from the dead..
Nov 14, 2001
Firemouths and cutteri would make for a sweet setup..

Say about 6 to 7 firemouths and 4 to 5 cutteri, the reds from the firemouth would look sweet with the blue eyes of the cutteri and the yellow hues.. but these arent large fish by no means but would be cool..

Good luck buddy..

I'd neaver heard of a cutteri before, those are lovely fish.. I've looked on the web, but I can't seem to find a decent profile for them. Got any links? I did find that they get 5-6", and I know that firemouths get 4-5".. That's a lot of fish for a 75g.. How about 2-3 firemouths, 3-4 cutteri and a single salvini?

also, any idea what cutteri cost?

what about some sort of dither fish?

How would these guys treat the following:

- school of cardinals?
- school of cories?
- plecos?
- kuhli loaches?

I have all of those in the 75g now, but they're leaving to make room and then the Fluorite substrate is coming out in exchange for a play sand substrate.. I was planning the sand because JD's, oscars and other bigger cichlids like to dig.. With these guys, I think I can probably skip the substrate swap..

Corax

Nov 14, 2001
Interesting..

[YT]od6Eow46kaU[/YT]

Anything I could put in with a Midas in a 75g?

and seriously.. Is a Jaguar too much for a 75g?

and no, I don't mean a midas AND a jaguar in the 75g..

krytan

Sep 2, 2007
Norwich, England
Real Name
Wayne
Anything I could put in with a Midas in a 75g? No a 75g is only big enough for ONE large cichlid

and seriously.. Is a Jaguar too much for a 75g? Yes 150g is the minimum size tank for a jag.

Corax

Nov 14, 2001
Anything I could put in with a Midas in a 75g? No a 75g is only big enough for ONE large cichlid

and seriously.. Is a Jaguar too much for a 75g? Yes 150g is the minimum size tank for a jag.
I understand that a 75g can handle one large cichlid.. I meant tankmates, like a pleco, pictus cats, etc.. Will a midas tolerate any sort of dither?

krytan

Sep 2, 2007
Norwich, England
Real Name
Wayne
Midas are very aggressive most of them won't put up with tank mates in such a small space, it really depends on the personality of the individual fish.

Corax

Nov 14, 2001
bummer, I'd like to keep my plecos at least.. rubberlip and a peppermint, very cool fellas..

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
If I was stocking a 75 I'd have a midas. Awesome fish imo...unfortunately I believe this would render your current occupants lunch I believe...its risky but if you wanted to try and keep your plecos in there I would have a go with introducing a really young midas...there might be some chance if it grows up with 'em...and at the worst you would see the trouble starting and have a chance to address it before anything awful happened.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
In my 90 (tall 75) I have 1 Oscar 12", 1 Pink Convict 4.5", 1 common Plec 12" - these 3 fish make it a "full" tank due to either bio-load or aggressiveness. Surprisingly, with only 3 fish it doesn't look empty.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store