black convict, bloodparrot crossbreed kind question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

firetex1

Registered Member
Feb 18, 2010
Like all fish keepers we are intrested in somthing different ,here in the uk if a fish is dumped out side the temprature drop would kill it ,so the risk of hybrids is pritty well not a problem here unlike the usa and hotter parts of the world .

I think you would have to breed in the millions to do any harm to wild fish ,I think we should keep hybrids just for aquariums and leave the wild fish in place were they should be ,but its a sad fact man will always stick his finger in the pie .

and sadly it's all about money ,as we see the rain forests get eaten up for wood etc...
and these habitats get distroyed ,but we also have hybrids created by magnoy farms of sea bass and other types of sea fish kept indoors for food production which grow fast for quick culling and eating ,and tilapia sterile hybrids for food in africa .

For quick ready meals for the poor so hybrids do have a good side as well ,but as a ornamental hybrid i don't see any big problems as most will die from ammonia problems from new fish keepers .

as a hobby we lose about 6 billion fish a year due to water quality and more to other farm related problems like gill fluke .

All the best
Firetex1.

CornBreadjiffy

AC Members
Sep 8, 2009
Memphis, TN
man just go for it and dont be bothered by what all the negative comments are cause without crossing or trying new things there would not be new or different beautiful things to look at and want.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store