Black ghost knife fish not eaten for two days now !!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dionysus

AC Members
May 30, 2007
Wisconsin
Cool filter, nice job :thumbup:

Id go salt...hav used salt with Datnoids in past (they smooth fine scaled too) with great results. Add salt, bring heat to 80-82°, and should b rid of parasite fairly quickly. Normally fish I've treated using this method 'healed' within a week.
I used to use Rid Ich, and a slew of other meds to rid external parasites in past. Still do with SW fish, but with my FW tanks, hav stuck with salt. Seems to work faster and more effective.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Last edited:

rajdeeprath

AC Members
Jul 17, 2012
Thank you very much :) really appreciate it. I will get started immediately. Due scarce resources.on aquariums in my area, this community forum has been blessings of god to my fish and me :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
I'm glad you're seeing an improvement but you should be told that you're sitting on a disaster waiting to happen. The Koi and goldfish are coldwater and have no business being in with the tropical Black Ghost Knife.

The Black Ghost Knife hits a maximum size of 20 inches and requires a 100 Gallon Aquarium. Its nice that you are planning to double your tank to a 200 litres but you are going to need to go bigger again. If you're serious about keeping him - and it is clear that you love your fish - why not just bite the bullet and go to the big tank that he needs for life now.

rajdeeprath

AC Members
Jul 17, 2012
Oh thanks for the input. I guess its about space management. If I can find the better location in my home for a larger tank, I will most certainly go for that. Let me see what I can do.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Well, again, I'm not going to pull punches. Whereas you would appear to have a choice about what fish you keep and what size tank you put 'em in, the fish do not.

That fish has no business in a 200 litre tank in the long term, simple as. If you can't get the tank look into moving the fish on elsewhere.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store