Blue's BC 14

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
Yeah it's expanding a bot more and looking better. I just don't want it to get any tears.

I'm thinking about a cleaner shrimp if I try another.

Usually I do vacuum out the back chambers. I didn't with the last water change since I had stirred up a bunch of stuff in the display. I'm hoping it's just a stage that will pass.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Epic pics! Love the corals. Your rock does seem to be coloroing up nicely!

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
Some more pictures for you.

Some bad zoa/paly pictures
hermit2.jpg
zoas3.jpg
corals2.jpg
purpledeath.jpg
The only picture I have of my blue mushroom. It's in the shadows so it's very difficult to get a picture.
mushroom.jpg
A happy Hammer
goodhammer.jpg

And my urchin
blueurchin.jpg

Not much to update right now. I'm getting my first fish in about 2 weeks. I'm also picking up a sun coral. I can't wait to have some fish I have bugs crawling on everything!

The corals seem to be growing. Some are happier than others. You can't tell in the pictures but the purple death has a new head growing.

blueurchin.jpg hermit2.jpg goodhammer.jpg purpledeath.jpg corals2.jpg mushroom.jpg zoas3.jpg

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
looking good Blue

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
I got in on a group order with my local reef club. I decided to try peppermint shrimp a final time. Basically because 1) they were super cheap and 2) I want to see if my theory about the LFS "death" tank is true. I ordered 2 small peppermint shrimp and a porcelain crab. The order came in and instead I ended up with 2 peppermint shrimp and a serpent star. It's a rust color and is really neat! It went into a cave pretty much right away. Several snails, crabs and a shrimp went and checked it out and all left unharmed. I fed it a wafer last night. It wouldn't come out until all the tank lights were out but it didn't mind the room light. I love the way this thing moves! I know it will eventually get too large for my tank but for now it's a neat addition.
The shrimp are also doing well so far. They are really small and get lost in the tank pretty easily, but they made it through the night.

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
So this tank is coming along very nicely! I'm starting to see new coral growth on pretty much everything. My purple deaths went from 1 head to 3, my devil's armor has put up 2 more polyps and I've lost count of how many new polyps my eagle eyes have.

I found a shrimp body. I know it was a body and not a molt because it was still twitching when the nass snails closed in on it. Stupid shrimp. I assumed the other was dead as well and swore off all cleaner shrimp. This morning though I spotted the other peppermint picking away at the rock.

Yesterday I added my first fish! I now have a very small yasha hase goby and candy cane pistol shrimp. They are both beautiful. I didn't get any pictures because the goby was very freaked out when first added and the shrimp went into hiding. I have heard it snap a couple times though. I hope they find each other and pair up.

I also picked up a sun coral for very cheap and a small colony of purple/green zoas. Hopefully I'll get pictures later today when the lights come on

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
AWESOME! My favorite goby/pistol pair by far! They'll find each other. No worries. Just might take little while before you loacte their cave(s). Look for sand mounds and/or sand kicking up along the base of the rocks. Sun corals are sweet too. You should look into a dendro down the line if you like those type of corals.

Sorry to hear about the shrimp. Hope the remaining one continues to do well.

Look forward to pics.

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
Thanks! She is super cool. She's a little shy still but has been coming out for food. I found one of the shrimp's burrows and it's about 5" away from where the goby hides.

Yesterday I noticed some of my zoas are bleaching. My eagles eyes are the worst and they are really low in the tank. Since I have a dimmable driver I decided to try and turn it down. I followed the instructions perfectly and turned the lights back on. They came on for 2 seconds then turned off and have no worked since. This light has been the BIGGEST PITA since I got it. I gave up and ordered some panorama pro strips.

Here are some pictures before the light quit on me.
starfish.jpg
sun1.jpg
sun2.jpg
newzoos.jpg
DA.jpg

sun1.jpg sun2.jpg newzoos.jpg DA.jpg starfish.jpg

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
How did you dim your LEDs? Since you have a PWM driver the only way I know of to safely dim them is via a PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) signal. If it were the -D driver instead of the -P driver you can dim it with knobs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store