brain aneurysm :(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
Praying for a good outcome for your aunt. It looks like you have a pretty strong support network here. We are all behind you and wish you and your family the best.

aviva90

AC Members
Jun 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Real Name
Aviva
Prayers and good vibes to you and your aunt. Many people pull through, I pray this is true for your aunt. I'm sorry this is happening, try to stay positive!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
true true... i was just told she was put in a medicated coma... so got two stories, one her body put her into a coma, another a doc put her into a coma... i will find out the final truth tonight... and more updates on her tonight.
Since the doctors seemed to know when she would come out of the coma, it's probably a medically induced one, which is MUCH better than the alternative. Good luck!

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Generally speaking it is likely that she was unconscious from the aneurysm and so a coma was induced to keep her under. Again, that goes back to the brain trying and needing to heal. It won't heal if the patient is combative or in pain. A coma will minimize the resources the body will want and will give the majority to the brain. This is all very normal treatment.

Like your heart and lungs, your brain never quits working and sometimes it needs a little bit lessening of the load on it. In simple terms the brain is a well-built computer than runs on electricity and oxygen. Any injury can interrupt the flow and cause damage. It doesn't take much to disrupt the functioning. So the less demands on it the better and faster it can heal if it is going to. One of the instructions to my wife from the doctor was to let me sleep as much as I wanted and not to be alarmed over the amount I slept. It's all perfectly normal, hence the reason for a coma. I think for almost the first year I slept about 18 hours a day.

Remember, I am 7 years post-stroke and the first 2 years were the worst. I still have problems and likely always will, they are just a good bit smaller than they used to be. Now most people can't tell unless thery talk to me. Sometimes I still can't talk very well.

Last edited:

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
I suffered a head injury in the Army. They induced a coma so I could heal. I am sorry if my comment was insulting to you or anyone else. I am confident that she will be okay..

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
I hope your aunt pulls through LBF.

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
Keep us updated on her status.

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
fell asleep to early, didnt find anything out. will find out tomm ( or later today as its already 3 am, and just got up. ) and thanks all

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
debating on going up today.... i have very sensitive feelings and very emotional.. i want to go up.. but dont want to see her in this state of mind... want to see her awake so we could talk.. ( yes she can still hear now, but ment when shes awake so i can talk and she can talk )

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store