Breeding German Blue Rams

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
^what is that supposed to mean? Just for breeding, it isn't that hard, they are relatively easy to breed. They are not that hard to breed, keeping them is easy as keeping other fish, they just need good water quality.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
I don't actually have the rams yet. I will be removing the other fish when I get the rams, they will have to live with each other and some corys (no way I'm gonna be able to catch those little buggers again). Until I get $$$ the tank will stay as is though.

SickBum

AC Members
Mar 6, 2011
For a tank that small you'd really want no other fish if you want them to breed. You probably want a bigger tank if you want any sort ofbreeding anyway.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Thanks for the advice. The Skirts have been removed. There is no way on this earth that I will ever manage to catch the corys without taking my entire tank down, so they get to stay (lol). I'm still debating on the Pearl Gourami, it doesn't look liek the type to fight over eggs. Anyhow, if it does then I can catch it easilly enough. The GBRs will be comming in sooner or later, so, yep, I wish me luck :)

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
^, you could use a turkey baster to get them out of the tank, or do something else then. I would just buy a 20G H and leave it as is with a sponge filter, and light, and caves.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Well... I'm completely broke right now, any Rams I'd be buying would be on my moms "I Owe You" list. and I have no room for another tank. I've basically got no other choice but to use the 20long... however, there could be another option, if I was willing to scrap my plans for the 30tall (grow out for fry). If I was willing to scrap those plans I could put the pair in that tank insead.... but then I would need another grow out tank. I think Ima try my luck with the 20long first, if that doesn't work out then I can try other tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store