Brentling's 125 Startup Thread - Lots o' Pics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

brentling

AC Members
Aug 1, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Awesome! I am really intrigued by the cork bark idea and am eager to see how it holds up once waterlogged. You're now beholden to post regular updates :D
I will update for sure. The hard part was making up he original post. I was up until 2 AM uploading pics and stuff! I have read of someone who had the cork underwater for 5 years without problems. We shall see...

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
I like the cork bark idea, I think I'll use it on my next tank! Im definetely following this thread to the end. Good job brentling!

How about a full tank shot?

brentling

AC Members
Aug 1, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
I like the cork bark idea, I think I'll use it on my next tank! Im definetely following this thread to the end. Good job brentling!

How about a full tank shot?
Once the proper lights are in place, I can take full shots. Right now the flash makes a full shot look pretty bad.

bkw1982

I'M GOING TO ZOMBIELAND
Aug 6, 2006
San Antonio, TX
If they get behind the cork bark, they will have raised the top, climbed out of the tank and rappelled back there! I think it will be OK. Thanks!
It's a scientific fact that Discus love to go rappelling, so giv them plenty rope to make them happy.

Look forward to the next pics.

Tophat665

Minion of the Scaled Ones.
Jul 13, 2006
NoVa
It's a scientific fact that Discus love to go rappelling, so giv them plenty rope to make them happy.

Look forward to the next pics.
:lol:
Discus are big cycling enthusiasts too.

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
Btw, are you buying juvenile or semi-adult discus, cause the first thing that comes to mind is, how easy is it gonna be for waterchanges every other day in a 125gal? If you go with juveniles.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store