Brevis Dilemma

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
I found some pics of males with a darker purple on cichlid-forum, but still not really the camo body coloration. The closest I found was a pic of an Ikola sunspot with dark markings but mine do not have the " sunspot " coloration. My guess is he's just an exceptionally dark Brevis. Good enough for me.

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
Yeah I think that's the same impression my Cylindricus got when he decided to challenge him yesterday. The Cylindricus can open it's mouth amazingly wide, but the Brevis has him beat in the aggression department. The Cylly decided to cruise over and was immediately assaulted until he left the vicinity. They'll be pals over beers later :)

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Dude my bad i meant to get back to you on this but i was going to say sunspot instead of cherry spot i don't know where i got cherry spot from.. at any rate cool looking chompers..

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
Okay, my LFS got in 4 more adults yesterday. They're the regular strain; I'm hoping I'll see my original female now. Looked like 1 male and 3 females. Gives me a ratio of 2 males - 4 females. I'd like to have one more female, have to see what comes in next week.

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
I'll get some photos for sure. Right now there's just an empty shell field being constantly checked over by by the rest of the stock. I'm sure it will be a few days before I see any of them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store