briggs permit responce what the ****?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bettacreek

AC Members
Apr 2, 2008
Central Pennsylvania
Effin AWESOME! Thanks for taking the time to call in!

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
That's certainly good news. Maybe I'll start breeding them now, because admittedly, I never wanted to deal with permits. Lazy me.

Bettacreek

AC Members
Apr 2, 2008
Central Pennsylvania
Yes, now everyone can share stock. This will make it easier for the average hobbiest who doesn't want to take the time for permits. :)

pik01

AC Members
Sep 28, 2008
San Jose, California
this certainly comes as a surprise! Maybe it's time to update your stickied "Responsibility as a Hobbyist," Rach?

I don't know if this was such a sensible move though because the original reason for the permits was that it's impossible to tell baby brigs from baby canas. I'm assuming that hasn't changed. It's great that people can ship without breaking the law now, but I just hope this doesn't lead to an outbreak of canas =/

Bettacreek

AC Members
Apr 2, 2008
Central Pennsylvania
Unfortunately, even with the permits, some people were still receiving incorrect species. I forget who it was, but someone recently posted about their shipment of "bridgesii" being paludosa (sp?).

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
cost me $100 worth of plants, lol.

Although I think its nice people will have an easier time shipping and sharing, I still think its weird that they are not requiring them. I hope that this a positive thing for the hobby! When I think about how long it took me to do EVERY states permits with my then dialup connection, sigh! I still hope that people will hatch clutches responsibly and make buyers aware of safe snail keeping as well as ship them properly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store