Building a new hood for my 20G. . .

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FryingPan

AC Members
I actually found a satin paint by Kilz that matches up pretty well. I'll have to give it a good 5-6 coats and wet sand it to even it out, but it should look pretty good when it's done. This is after 1 coat of paint.

I'm thinking about topping it with a sheet of beveled mirror with an access door.

rwilliams254

AC Members
May 16, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Looks great! Congrats on making furniture!!!

discusman54

AC Members
May 5, 2007
Tidewater,Virginia
Very Nice! A canopy really adds a nice touch to a tank.
Matching finishes is always a challenge, I went through several different colors of stain trying to match my stand to my furniture. The color charts are never right. You did a good job there. A couple of those antique drawer handles on the top would tie it all together real nice.

Last edited:

FryingPan

AC Members
Very Nice! A canopy really adds a nice touch to a tank.
Matching finishes is always a challenge, I went through several different colors of stain trying to match my stand to my furniture. The color charts are never right. One tip I can give you, save all your scrap wood to try different finishes on. LOL, you probably will need it. A couple of those antique drawer handles on the top would tie it all together real nice.
Actually, I have some leftover dentil molding that was leftover from when I built my bar last year. I was thinking about adding that- but think it may not keep in line with the design of the stand.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store