Building Large Planted Aquarium/Terrarium/Paludarium 10x11 feet

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fat Homer

AC Members
Feb 22, 2010
-852-
I've seen the moss 'milkshake' used as green graffiti... Where artists draw with the paste in a damp area and let the spores turn to moss on a wall...

So yeah, it definitely works ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Yeah, I hadn't actually seen it in action till last year. I didn't have a need for it in my current tank but for another large scale project (or something like yours) I would definitely try it!

Abin Philip

AC Members
Nov 16, 2013
Hi all,
the structure has been completed, its yet to be painted... its curing time for a week...wil b painted after that....planning to paint using different shades of black n grey...then the front glass has to be fixed..the steel rod in middle wld b removed...after which gt to check for any leaks...planting and scaping follows...How does it look altogether??? it turned out to be a little different from th intial plan though...does theartifical wines look odd r misplaced??

IMG_20140202_174240.jpg

IMG_20140202_174240.jpg

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
I love it. I do feel that when color gets added it will be even better. It may be early to talk about this but what fish do you intend to keep and water the volume of water in this behemoth

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Abin Philip

AC Members
Nov 16, 2013
@ktrom13...as for th fishes...large school f neon tetra n othr tetras...angel n discus....
Volume of water would b around 3500 liter i guess...

Fat Homer

AC Members
Feb 22, 2010
-852-
Tanks looking really sweet... although i agree, can't wait to see it all painted to see what the actual effect looks like...

The vines imo, don't look too bad, although maybe setup them up so they hang at the lowest point more off center to give it less of a man made effect, if you get what i mean?

Pinkey

AC Members
Nov 16, 2004
Denver
Real Name
Nate
Namaste Abin,

If you are buying your plants in or near Kerala I would ask someone from the store to come see your place. You are buying so many that someone would probably come to your house to give you advice. If you are buying from the internet it is a different question.

For fish: You still have to wait for the tank to cycle and for the chemistry. If it were my tank I would buy a school of goldfish and make sure I could take them back to the pet store for credit. That will help get the water ready for the fish you really want to keep.

Your tank is large enough to have a Red Tailed Catfish. They are beautiful fish that are very friendly to people.

Do you want a few large fish or many, many smaller fish?

Thank you for sharing your story! It is beautiful.

Nate

Abin Philip

AC Members
Nov 16, 2013
Hi pinkey...r u frm india???
As for th fishes i prefer large school of small fishes running around th plants...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store