Buying fish via the internet....anyone's good or bad experiences!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ajbry

AC Members
Jun 27, 2007
Cape Cod, MA
I've bought online on four different occasions, all went perfectly. The shipping costs are usually significantly lower on the bigger sites also.

Mrhfield

Fish in a barrel
Jan 13, 2008
Louisville
home.insightbb.com

closer2fine

AC Members
Feb 26, 2008
Wow this place is right up the road from me. Might have to go check it out. But to bad i don't have a need for Cichlids.
They were extremely helpful on the phone too. I called a couple of weeks before I ordered & they helped me arrange just the right setup.

I'd love to be able to visit them.

My previous favorite cichlid store was near Fort Worth, TX (Keller Farms) - they had the most amazing fish & holey rock. I think they are still there.

boojumsnark25

AC Members
Aug 13, 2006
had a few great experiences but just had a really crappy experience....ordered tons of fish for a few of my tanks from thatpetplace.com and 75% of the bags were all deflated and weren't even sealed right so the leaked water everywhere...I opened that styrofoam box up and BAM, the smell of fishy death hit me...

for those that read my other post, I didn't even wait the extra five hours!

BigFishKeeper

Host of Aquatic Wetline Podcast
Feb 23, 2008
Springfield Mass USA
www.blogtalkradio.com
Real Name
Aqua Alex Cardinale
had a few great experiences but just had a really crappy experience....ordered tons of fish for a few of my tanks from thatpetplace.com and 75% of the bags were all deflated and weren't even sealed right so the leaked water everywhere...I opened that styrofoam box up and BAM, the smell of fishy death hit me...

for those that read my other post, I didn't even wait the extra five hours!
Oh I am sorry about that. What type of fish are they?? The reason am I asking is because I know a great place thats ships in a day!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store