C.S.I.S. my foot !!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jstdv8

AC Members
Feb 22, 2010
You also failed to mention the outcome of the conversation with your father in law. Sounds like a sham from him if you ask me. Why else would he be asking about the boots unless hes in on it or he got the same type of letter.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
wow... just wow.

You think your boots were worn by someone famous? Or maybe you really did step in something...

Knoxx

AC Members
Oct 10, 2009
Wisconsin
I think maybe your father-in-law wants to take your boots to a boot smith and have them repaired, and surprise you with them.

J double R

The Devil
Jan 13, 2007
Louisiana
Real Name
Jon
I think maybe your father-in-law wants to take your boots to a boot smith and have them repaired, and surprise you with them.
unless his father intends on stalking the package so it doesnt get to this CSIS place, i doubt that...

but how bad would someone feel if they got their father-in-law locked up over a pair of boots?! lol

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
I love the sense of humour of the fish keeper great post above

So being the kind of person I am I phoned csis this morning to talk with someone will speak with a few govt people today.

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
You also failed to mention the outcome of the conversation with your father in law. Sounds like a sham from him if you ask me. Why else would he be asking about the boots unless hes in on it or he got the same type of letter.
he got the exact same package except his asked him about shoes which is what he wore

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
My guess based on evidence so far is an extortion and/or blackmail scheme. Somebody remembered the "crazy rich Canadian" who came through a few years back and figured if he had that kind of money to throw around then, he probably still had a good bit laying around.

Alternatively, footprints are valuable evidence a a crime scene. If you want to muddy up the waters right good, plant evidence that points to somebody wildly different from yourself. A Sherlock Holmes story revolved around a set of very old horseshoes which left the image of the hoof of a cow rather than a horse. Handy if you were in the rustling business. :)

But putting this all out in public and right away is exactly the RIGHT thing to do. As noted a legitimate investigation would not be going through this rigamarole with boxes, bribes and secrecy. Investigators would show up at Chef's door, politely explain their business and show a warrant from an appropriate court requesting the evidence in question. I believe there is a verse in the Bible that goes something like "every one that doeth evil hateth the light."

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
Ok so I got a bit busy this morning speaking to a few areas of influence to put up a blockade should this end up being a sting or something like that.

First the registered letter was simply correspondance from my insurance company that takes care of my fish company so that was a cool turn out to that.

I took a lot of time to decide what direction to go with this and decided to do exactly what this person who wrote this letter did not want me or did want me to do.

I spoke with my local police dept, I spoke with the rcmp(which is somewhat connected to csis), I spoke with csis and have 2 more people to speak with who hold positions within the govt. The beauty of doing catering is the people with whom you get to meet. Here is one person that I had the pleasure of doing a fundraising function for, not that we are buddy buddy chum chum but suffice it to say that I could easily get his ear if so needed. There are other pics that I have of various people but they are my private portfolio

now people may say meh but I tell ya what aint nothing that the underdog party loves but a issue with which to take to town public media coverage is golden.

I think my fatherinlaw is a fool. I told him he should not send his shoes but he went ahead and sent his package off last night.

The errors in grammar, spelling and the lack of general credential in the way that this whole thing came to land on his doorstep and my doorstep smells very foul.

There is no way that I am going to send a pair of my shoes to this address regardless of the validity of the address. Just to many variables that could very well end up being very very bad.

I also thought about the 2 $100 bills that were in my possession, since my fatherinlaw gave me his and I had the one that was given to me.

Nothing in any of the correspondance gave any direction of what to do with it. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo since my daughter has always wanted a turtle and I have always wanted a soft shell turtle I felt the total freedom to take that money and pic up this guy as a rescue from a bad keeper.

his size I have no idea how to compare since I don't know how big they are suppose to be

the most excellent water quality he was forced to live in

His temp 4ft 100g home till I get the 8 ft 300g trough treated with a liner to prevent corrosion and set it up for him.

I thought I may as well share what I did when I was in the philippines since some of you are probably wondering.

Well, I won't mention the amount involved but suffice it to say it made an impact.

Where we went and did things in the 2-3 weeks I spent there was all over the place, from rural up in the mountain places where I had to meet with town leaders to present what we were there for, to more centralized areas. They had a lot of political unrest going on at that time and people were actually getting shot and it was very common place to see the gaurds on street corners with machine guns.

A couple of the places we went to some of the shall we say less than honest public officials did not take to kindly to the empowerment of the people they were holding sway over. I mean how do you hold power of a area of people regarding the supply of fresh water when artesian wells are fresh dug bought and paid for and made open for anyone who was thirsty to have free access. But enough of this.

I have decided that I will put a nice little letter in that box for the supposed representative who put that letter in my mailbox so that they can see that my rear end needs some chapstick on it!!!!!!!!!! So they can pucker up because I am not doing what they want!!!!!!!

All in all I have to really say thanks to them though.

They made it possible for me to finally get one of my dream aquatic critters almost as if they gave it to me as an early birthday present and I did not even have to spend a dime. The turtle is 7 years old and I am pleased as punch to have it since things like that I have never in my life ever seen in regina.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store