can i put 2 55 gallons on a 180 gallon stand temporarily?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Alasse

AC Members
Oct 21, 2011
QLD, Australia
Real Name
Rebecca
55gal on foam will be no probs on the floor, just use a nice decent thickness foam....done it myself with no issues

Alasse

AC Members
Oct 21, 2011
QLD, Australia
Real Name
Rebecca
Cool just an option is all. Take it or leave it :):)

Even if i used plywood i would still be required to have foam prior to the tank being placed on it, or i would void my tanks warranties...but again up to you :)

Alasse

AC Members
Oct 21, 2011
QLD, Australia
Real Name
Rebecca
It levels out any uneven things (wether that is the wood intself or something that may get there on setup) that maybe under the tank which can cause glass stress leading to failures.

japbart

AC Members
Jun 9, 2012
I had a stand for a 90g but I only put two 10g's on it. Definitely works for me cause it's two little tanks. I can even add another 10 but I don't need to yet. Idk about two 55's on a stand for a 180. I wouldn't do it myself but if you have enough support then do it.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Alasse

AC Members
Oct 21, 2011
QLD, Australia
Real Name
Rebecca
Doesnt look ugly at all. I paint the front of the foam black if the stand doesnt cover the foam.

These tanks have foam between the flat wood shelf and the tank itself, wouldnt even know it was there

Most of my purpose built stands you can even see the foam for it to be an issue.

But anyway you do what you are comfy with :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store