Can I turn on my heater with hillstream loaches in the tank??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fish-Addict

AC Members
Dec 7, 2008
Buckinghamshire, England
Real Name
Sam
Hehe! Ok, I'll just leave it off until it warms up again. The tanks fine as long as I don't let the ambient temperature of the room drop below 65 degrees. It got really cold here last night though. I guess that winters on it way!!
Sounds like a plan. :) Winter is certainly on the way.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Why shouldn't I do a water change? Not that I have time this minute anyway, since I'm going to be leaving to take some fish back to the store soon.

panorama

Rookie
Oct 10, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
Real Name
Jason
I believe Fish-Addict was saying not to do a water change to increase temperature, most fish are very sensitive to drastic temperature changes.

countryboy

AC Members
Jul 20, 2012
CNY
I believe Fish-Addict was saying not to do a water change to increase temperature, most fish are very sensitive to drastic temperature changes.
Who said anything about a drastic change. I said warmer. If you can't do that then all the ppl that put ice bottles in their tanks to cool them are wrong.

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
I keep my sewellia lineolatas in 80° water, have for over 5 years. They breed all the time at that temp. Good luck.

Fish-Addict

AC Members
Dec 7, 2008
Buckinghamshire, England
Real Name
Sam
Who said anything about a drastic change. I said warmer. If you can't do that then all the ppl that put ice bottles in their tanks to cool them are wrong.
I wasn't referring to a drastic change, I was referring to the fact that unless you can maintain a constant temperature there's no point messing with it. What's the point in filling a tank with warm water only to let it get back down to cold again? The answer - none. The fish would be much happier if you let the water stay at a constant temperature than keep messing with it; let it rise naturally, and slowly.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

countryboy

AC Members
Jul 20, 2012
CNY
I wasn't referring to a drastic change, I was referring to the fact that unless you can maintain a constant temperature there's no point messing with it. What's the point in filling a tank with warm water only to let it get back down to cold again? The answer - none. The fish would be much happier if you let the water stay at a constant temperature than keep messing with it; let it rise naturally, and slowly.

She's worried about her fish being cold. A warm up with water change will keep the tank warm because I presume the room temp. will rise during the day. Posting arrows and saying don't do that is a little vague. I'm sorry if I'm mistaken.

panorama

Rookie
Oct 10, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
Real Name
Jason

Slowly removing foot from mouth lol.:)

Sent from my ADR8995 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store