Cheap PVC canister manifold for two tanks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RodInCALIFORNIA

EBAY ADDICT !
Aug 5, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Real Name
ROD
i dont think they were talking about the legs on your DIY stand :)

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
Bump update and conclusion. As you know I left this project unfinished which was based on how to run multiple tanks on one canister which has inharent problems compared to the open sump manifold system which is the standard centralized filter system used on for filtering multiple tanks. Below my two drawings for a two tank central canister filter system which needed to be proved to work .

However I have since come up with a third drawing that not only allows for a centralized canister filter system of many aquariums but is the merging of two simple design applications already in common practice and need not be proven practically. I call it the "Sumpcan". A centralized filter system comprise of a common large capacity sump filled with Bio-balls only and manifold system commonly used in centralized multi-tank configurations, with a large capacity canister filter such as the FX5 filtering the sump water tank maintained a constant 50% water level using an auto fill reservoir.

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
Well to be honest I don't have a need at the moment until I take one of my tanks and FX5's over to my mother's home and set her up with Goldie's. But in reality its an already proven system commonly used system, all I did was merge the two and all the FX5 is doing is filtering the sump like any other aquarium, so it has to work.

But yes one reason I came up with this was so that I could 2 tanks off one FX5 using a small deep high water level (50%) sump. The concept is no different then using a heater or UV sterilizer in the sump rather then on the aquarium.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store