Cherries Not Breeding.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jody

AC Members
Jul 28, 2010
Newfoundland, Canada
It might cause a small cycle , don't clean your filter put in the new tank as is don't clean anything and more live plants the better , I would also look into a HOB filter and just put a sponge on the inlet you can also keep your sponge filters if you want .

Drunkenbushman

AC Members
Jun 30, 2010
Melbourne Australia
OK cool thanks for all the advice on this I really appreciate it.

Ive dropped the temp back to 24. Will see if I can get the new tank at the weekend and see if I can source some RO for a water change.

Will let you know how I go :)

EmilyMarie85

AC Members
Aug 16, 2010
Boise, ID
Real Name
Emily
Try dropping the temp a bit. Mine is set to 22 and they are breeding. I have 3 berried females at the moment.
That was my problem when mine stopped breeding - lowered the temp and back to breeding like bunnies.

Jody

AC Members
Jul 28, 2010
Newfoundland, Canada
Let us know when you get it all setup , Pictures are always welcome :)

Good Luck M8

Drunkenbushman

AC Members
Jun 30, 2010
Melbourne Australia
Alright the new tank idea is out. I wasnt able to convince the gf that there was enough space on the kitchen bench if I got the 2ft tank and I couldnt find any bigger tanks that I could afford that had a foot print that fitted.

SO

I went to the LFS where I picked their brains as much as I could. Nothing with the tank params was bad according to them altho they think the PH may be a bit high and that could stop them breeding.

So I bought a river pebble to stick in to hopefully lower the PH a bit, if that fails I might try some salts.

I check my GH this morning and its sitting at 8 which apparently is fine. Ph was still around 7.6ish.

I decided id get some annibus on driftwood for them as well and added 6 new cherries to see if they might spark up some romance. ( I am thinking of maybe playing them some Tom Jones as well )

Pics of the new set up, sorry bout the quality they are from my phone.

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
probly ph and temp. lower the temp and add a bit of peat moss or dryed almond leaves.

Drunkenbushman

AC Members
Jun 30, 2010
Melbourne Australia
Hey guys just an update.

I have still not had any deaths. There is no new white fluff growing on the drift wood.

Params have stayed stable. They now feed like crazy. I have never ever seen my shrimp so active when it comes to feeding time as I have in the last couple of days so I hope that is a good sign.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store