cichlid compatibility?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
my BN plecos are fine in all of my setups but i agree you need to up the numbers of the species you have unless you like the Noah's Ark theme

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I would rehome the kenyi (not only will they get too aggressive, but it's also recommended to keep them in a 75gal minimum, because of size and aggression)
:iagree:. The other species mentioned in this thread, are the best ones that you can get for a less aggressive mbuna tank, IMO. You can have 3 or 4 of these species in your 55gal tank, having a group of each one as described here.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
OMG pitbull 2500 posts!!!

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Austin wrote"
OMG pitbull 2500 posts!!!
Dude i am a fish geek.. If i could stay off the computer for a while i would be able to fix stuff around the house and instead of my wife saying you need to do this you need to do that hehehehe

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
If i could stay off the computer for a while i would be able to fix stuff around the house and instead of my wife saying you need to do this you need to do that hehehehe
:lol: I wonder why what you said sounds so familiar to me??? :evil_lol:

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
:lol: I wonder why what you said sounds so familiar to me??? :evil_lol:
because it's familiar to all of us! lol.

i agree on the removal of the pleco from the tank. once you up your mbuna numbers you will have more fish with the opportunity to pick on the pleco. also, if it is a common pleco your bioload would be pretty darn high and IMO a common needs a bigger tank than a 55.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
also, if it is a common pleco your bioload would be pretty darn high and IMO a common needs a bigger tank than a 55.
That's true if it is a common pleco.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
Austin wrote"

Dude i am a fish geek.. If i could stay off the computer for a while i would be able to fix stuff around the house and instead of my wife saying you need to do this you need to do that hehehehe
fish geeks rule. im one to. lol and my mom says that to me all the time. you practically have to pry me off the laptop.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
hehehe its a rule by trade that's why you have a choice Austin find a women who is a fish geek and you guys will explore the never-endings within the fish hobby be real sweet aye..

See my wife knew what she was getting into when we first moved in together i brought my tanks with me and she like wow you really like tanks now 13 years later she is like wow you still like tanks hehehehe..

I am waiting for the day when she says its me or the tanks i will tell her i will miss her hehehehe..

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
See my wife knew what she was getting into when we first moved in together i brought my tanks with me and she like wow you really like tanks now 13 years later she is like wow you still like tanks hehehehe..

I am waiting for the day when she says its me or the tanks i will tell her i will miss her hehehehe..
:rofl:...Let me tell you this: my wife also always knew about my love for fish tanks, even before we got married 27 years ago. Gosh, I hope that she will never ask me that question; my answer will be as cruel as yours, Pitt! :lipssealedsmilie:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store