Cichlid Help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
Really crazy about that shark, huh? They can get pretty big, and vary greatly in personality. My opinion is that a shark doesn't need to be the center of things. Can you go to a 55 gallon? Here in Florida, you can get used tank, filter, stand,and lights, maybe $150. Three nice angelfish(or four) would be good in a 55, till they pair.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Its possible to do a 40 gallon with a RTS and 1 or 2 cichlids. As mentioned you could try a blue acara. Maybe a keyhole cichlid. Ive kept a RTS with a jack and convict before with little to no agression between the RTS and the cichlids. But as with cichlids, their compatiblity greatly depends on their personality. Some are very mellow and others... Well... Are known as glassbangers ( they ram the glass if you get too close). Ive witnessed a glassbanger only once and it was from a massive umbee.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Sabina

AC Members
Jul 31, 2013
Well personaly id be ok with just the RTS or the RTS and some Cichlids. I dont think I probably get a 55, I think we have space for something that big.
For me if I cant get something that will comfertably fit atleast the RTS, then I dont want to buy him just because I like them so I can stick him in something he wont be comfertable in.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
The bigger tye tank the better. But if you dont have the space for anything larger than the 40 you can try the RTS and a rainbow cichlid(s)( herostilapia multisponsa i think is their latin name). Very amazing colors and stay a reasonable size and a 40 gallon is a good size for them. Check them out and see what you think.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
Was not putting your shark down..I like them too. Was just remembering how hard it was to make the couple I had years ago happy..course that was in a 29 gallon. Forty gallons is big enough..What do you think of " Festivums"?

Sabina

AC Members
Jul 31, 2013
I now you werent Caotian Jim, also ive never heard of Festivums.
Also I just relised that there is word missing from my other coment, I meant I dont think I have the room or funds for a 55 gallon. Though I wish I did.
Ktrom, maby ill try the RTS and the ranbow cichlid

Sabina

AC Members
Jul 31, 2013
I would but like I said I dont really think that I have the room for it though

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store