Cichlid Help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Well, as I said before, RTS + 2 cichlids will do fine. If all are around the same size I see no problem. Now you have to decide which cichlids to get. Might I suggest googling 6" cichlids.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Or even liveaquaria.com, they have the option of suitable fish for a certain tank size i believe. I think its on the right handside of the screen.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Sabina

AC Members
Jul 31, 2013

Sabina

AC Members
Jul 31, 2013
Ohh ok sorry,
so just stick with the south american ones.

jasonfishaddict

AC Members
Jun 18, 2010
I live in King William county Virginia, USA
Real Name
Jason
Yep, they should be fine with the RTS and probably vice versa. You'll have some big egos in the tank, so just keep an eye on things as they all mature.
You're right about egos. I set up a 55g for a friend with an RTS, a Firemouth, some cories, and platies. RTS defended one half and the Firemouth patrolled the other.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
Pleased you went with Firemouth..just one? Would you tell us how big your fish are and keep us up to date on how they are doing..very interested in firemouth behaviour. Whoops.., Sabina didn't post that.. Fishaddict, how did that turn out?

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
Thanks, Jason..I don't intend to mix mine with anything, but I'm thinking of trying to spawn a pair of Firemouths soon. Any advice? Would I be looking at some behaviour comparable to Red Jewels? Haven't bought Meeki yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store