clown needs help.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

animalman

Love My Clowns
Oct 15, 2007
Massapequa, New York
I'm freakin out over here. I will never put another fish or crab or shrimp or LR or coral in my display without QT. I will but QT tomorrow and I hope to save my clown. Can the LR or shrimp or mermit I have in my display catch this? Do I need to restart my display tank?

animalman

Love My Clowns
Oct 15, 2007
Massapequa, New York
hey Grins I did read all that everyone has linked me to. I do thank everyone for the help. just want my friends to be okay.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
QT is a great idea for the future. With clowns you're better being sure you are getting tank raised versus wild to help with this particular disease as well. I'd not worry about your inverts getting this. Take a deep breath and treat it as soon as you can humanly get the meds and read in the meantime.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
No your inverts can not catch this.. This disease is a form of marine ich.. Follow the directions on either WWM or Chucks Addiction site and pray.. You are in for a long haul and since you don't have an established QT tank your going to have to watch your parameters really closely. Your going to have to do DAILY water changes to ensure that your ammonia levels do not reach even close to toxic levels.

I wish you all the best. Grins is the one that convinced me that QT is the only way to go and it is a rule that I'll never break again.. I haven't had anything but the chances are just to great..

Take care and keep us updated to your progress.

animalman

Love My Clowns
Oct 15, 2007
Massapequa, New York
thanx guys and girls. def gettin QT tomorrow as well as Formalin and marcyn2 to treat my buddy. To setup QT can I use water from my display tank to start?

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Also if your parameters on your QT aren't EXACTLY the same as your display tank you'll need to acclimate the fish to the new parameters. And I agree with Grins. If your tank parameters are not where they should be I'd mix up a new batch of water tonight. Your not going to have to worry about dosing calcium etc.. But the PH, amm, Ites, Ates etc are the ones to worry about right now.

animalman

Love My Clowns
Oct 15, 2007
Massapequa, New York
Should I put a UV sterilizer on my display and/or QT?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store