clown needs help.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
QT.. The problem with UV's as they will kill all of the good bacteria in your main tank as well as the bad. While you are QT'ing the bad bacteria are going to die anyway if you follow the procedures. So just use it on your QT tank and hopefully it will help that process.

animalman

Love My Clowns
Oct 15, 2007
Massapequa, New York
My params in display are good. I think ph-8.2,ammo-0 nitrite-0, nitrate-20 temp-78 and sg-.021. I'm a bad boy cause i have no salt on hand. @#$%

animalman

Love My Clowns
Oct 15, 2007
Massapequa, New York
ok so i should put one in QT only. So i can kill any free swimming bacteria. thanx again to all. I realy needed you all tonight and you were there :)

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Better pick salt up tomorrow then.. Your going to go through a lot of it.. Get what you need locally (if its really expensive) and then you can order the rest from Fosters and Smith if you use Instant Ocean.. They have been having a sale on it.. You can get a 5 gal bucket delivered for like 35 to 40 bucks. (thats 160 gallons of salt water)..

As for being here I only hope that your buddy makes it and that we've helped.

animalman

Love My Clowns
Oct 15, 2007
Massapequa, New York
Me too clownlover. and yes i will be gettin lots of salt tomorrow. already making a list hows this sound.
lots of salt, i am using Oceanic right now. QT i guess 5gal will be good, uv sterilizer like this one http://www.petsmart.com/product/ind...r&kw=uv+sterilizer&parentPage=search&keepsr=1
or what ever they have in stock and a small cave to hang in. this uv has small powerhead in it says 50gph. formalin and maracyn2. anything else i forgot?

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Your going to need like a sponge filter or other HOB filter (don't use the charcoal that comes with these systems) for the good bacteria to grow and establish itself in the tank. Your also going to need a heater and while fish don't "have" to have lights it would probably be wise to get something like a perfecto hood or something along those lines so you can observe the fish and what is going on in the tank.

I wouldn't worry about a cave I'd just go find some pieces of PVC fittings that are bigger than your fish and put them in the tank..

As for the size of your tank it should be ok for this fish but if you plan on getting larger fish you may have an issue. My QT is a 29 Long. But that is an old tank that I had lying around.

As for UV's I don't know what is good as I don't own one and have never tried one.. Wish I did have one however.

animalman

Love My Clowns
Oct 15, 2007
Massapequa, New York
wow i forgot bout heater and filter. adding that to the list now.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Well I'm headed to bed. Will check back tomorrow in case you have other questions. I may or may not be able to answer them all, but I'm good at finding answers anyways.. Again GOOD LUCK..

animalman

Love My Clowns
Oct 15, 2007
Massapequa, New York
thanx i do need some sleep too. and i'm sure to be back tomorrow for some more questions. thanx everybody

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store