CONFESSION! I FLUSH FISH!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
show me the evidence and unbiased proof of that...

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
many of you need to go back to school and see just where our adored fishey friend reside on the genetics chain of "pain"..which is basically a human assigned emotion to objects that can't respond to it in our terms.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
So..a newspaper article on something...no more than memory(instinct) in a rat to find the path to food...

Michwol42795

CanTANKerous
Dec 28, 2009
Chattanooga, TN
Genetically, everything is remarkably the same. Humans and Fruit Flies share almost 60% of the same genes, that's humans and FRUIT FLIES. People think species are a definite thing, but everything is so similar classification is nearly impossible. There's tons of trouble that goes into separating species. I'm not saying that fruit flies are as smart as humans, but our definition of "intelligence" may be a little off, I think everything is a lot smarter than we think.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Genetically, everything is remarkably the same. Humans and Fruit Flies share almost 60% of the same genes, that's humans and FRUIT FLIES. People think species are a definite thing, but everything is so similar classification is nearly impossible. There's tons of trouble that goes into separating species. I'm not saying that fruit flies are as smart as humans, but our definition of "intelligence" may be a little off, I think everything is a lot smarter than we think.
I promise not to flush the dieing fish that can solve a simple equation....

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
I flush dead fish only.

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
i flushed a live fish back in my newbie days and i still have guilt about it. it swam back up and it had it's back bent in half and i felt like an ars. now if i must get rid of a fish i kill it first. the mistakes you rant about are mostly something newbies do but i'm sure some people just don't care. i dont' really think of my fish as decore. they are my pets and yes, some of them have names. the ones i care about i will go out of my way to save. then there are the smaller schooling fish that seem more interchangable. if one tetra is sick, i do what i have to do to prevent spreading disease to the whole tank.

i bet this thread will turn into quite an interesting debate.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store