Conskis 34 Gal Solana Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
Another thing i might do is move all the coral from my 14 gal.. ALL of it into my solana and just have an anem picaso clown tank. and then have my solana as my reef tank.. i dk well see these are all repetitious ideas i get over and over again that i never do

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
Another set back

my mp20 is not working.. have to send that in along with my PC4

i tried red slime remover on my tank as suggested by one of my LFS guys, said hes sure thats what it is when i showed him the video of when it was really bad.. just dosed it yesterday and will take off the veils in a week.

its just set back after set back.

As suggested by my gf im gonna have a priest bless some RO and make it into holywater and poor it into my tank...

cant even describe my discouragement at this point :/

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Ha... At least you still have corals in your tank... all of mine are just about all dead. :(

I really question your LFS saying it was Cyanobacteria. That is very easy to spot and treat and it won't grow on corals like the Dino's you had were doing.

What is wrong with your MP20? My MP40 had a problem when I moved (stupid me forgot, never take the wet side out and let it dry!) and I thought I broke it. The controller would turned on for just a few seconds, do its normal thing, then just die and flash really weird colors. Taking the wet side out and apart and cleaning it well solved my issue. I thought I fried my controller. I also hit some buttons in the wrong order once and made it think the wet side was disconnected and I had to reset the controller to fix that (not documented and I forgot the steps now to resolve that one)

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
dude what?! omg why are they dieing?! ive always wanted to know if corals have a life span? when did this start happeniing

i dont think its red slime either.,. wasnt gonna tell him hes wrong, he said i could return the product if it doesnt work becuase its 15 dollars i didnt need to spend. so maybe itll work, its the last thing to do before i take it down and buy new rock and sand and bleach the tank.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Just keep fighting it. It can take a long, long time. I had to fight it in a 10g nano and it took about 3 months, maybe more, to get rid of.

Ace, I feel your pain. Sorry that all of that is happening, especially considering how far along your tank is now.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Our local water supply changed from using the State Aqueduct to using old well water that hadn't been tapped into in over a year because the pipe that fed most of the county from the aqueduct was damaged and needed repair. It was supposed to last less than a week, ended up lasting over a month. The well water was foul... so the county dumped in (according to the water guy at the city) over 25x the normal strength of chloramines to get the water safe for humans.. well.. it isn't safe for fish. I had a chloramine block in my RO/DI but the water guy told me with the levels as high as they were, a new chloramine filter would be spent in less than 20 gallons. I just learned about this on Monday when I called the city to ask what was going on because it was never announced on the news or in any local paper. So dummy me, started seeing corals dying, and first thought is "do more water changes".. and the next day when things are looking worse, I again, did another large water change.. so I was just killing my corals faster by doing water changes and wasting a box of 200G worth of salt in less than 2 weeks. This was the city just north of the one I am in I talked to (the one I work in), and the city I am in has its own separate wells that is always in use, but according to the water guy the city I am in also raised their chloramine levels around the same time, although not the such an extreme.

Even Guillo1's 300G solar lit tank is doing exactly the same thing as mine, all his corals are dying as well, but he didn't do a water change in the month the well water was in use, only used the water for top offs, and it is still killing his corals.

Last edited:

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
That's a scary scenario. One reason I am glad our municipal water supply doesn't utilize chloramine. We do have some of the highest trihalomethane levels, though, but those are removed relatively easily.

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
wow that is totall bull**** you should be reimbursed or something for the amount of money you spent on your tanks.. i hope everything gets better in the long run man, i thought my problems were bad but thats just not right.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Nothing I can do.. the city doesn't make any guarantees that the water is going to be safe for fish tanks, only safe for humans and within EPA guidelines. I am past the "pissed off" stage of it all.. and the depressing stage.. now I am on the "move forward and rebuild" stage. Anger leads to the darkside, as Yoda would say... ;) Look at the positive side, I haven't lost any of my precious fish during all this.. I can replace corals a lot easier than I can replace some of the fish I have.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store