Conskis 34 Gal Solana Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Rowaphos doesn't lower pH, it lowers Alkalinity, which in dumbed down terms is the ability to buffer the pH. From what I have read it doesn't lower it to dangerous levels if used correctly, but it does drop it a point or 2 when first changed out, which in the SPS world can be a pretty drastic swing meaning you have to take action accordingly.

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
man i just went back to page eight when the tank was just starting up and looked really great.. i wish this dino crap never happened. i havent had any motivation for this tank in the longest time, i think seeing those old pictures has put a little spark back into me. i need to quit being lazy and get back on top of this tank

Last edited:

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
Final Rockscape for now!

Cloudiness is up! i finally found a nice little rockscape for what i had! i dont think ill be seeing any cycle and if i dont by friday im just gonna do the transfer.. the dinos in my 14gal are scaring me so i need to get this show on the road.. might be against better judgment but its a MUST at this point.

i need to know these things for sure.
Will a revive bath on all the corals for SURE kill any dino on the corals? if any gets into my solana.. i will back out of this hobby.
Will the corals be able to acclimate to 250 watt MH's or is there something i should do?!
Will the Star fish, fighting conch, Skunk shrimp from the rubbermaid bring any dinos into the tank with them?

Pics!

Phone Pictures 001.jpg Phone Pictures 002.jpg Phone Pictures 003.jpg Phone Pictures 004.jpg Phone Pictures 005.jpg

Last edited:

MGDMIRAGE

AC Members
Nov 29, 2009
Spokane, Washington
I don't see the shrimp or starfish bringing anything with them, the conch i guess you could probably scrub off his shell.

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
Hmm but what about the corals?

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
ugh the dinos :( i need to get these babies moved its gettin ugly!

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
sorry to bump this but i need these questions answered dont wanna post it on NR either

Will a revive bath on all the corals for SURE kill any dino on the corals? if any gets into my solana.. i will back out of this hobby.
Will the corals be able to acclimate to 250 watt MH's or is there something i should do?!
Will the Star fish, fighting conch, Skunk shrimp from the rubbermaid bring any dinos into the tank with them?

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
WOW!!! im so stupid and now i feel terrible.. i dropped an electrical outlet that was plugged into the wall into my rubbermaid.. didnt even realize it was in there for like 10 seconds... my shrimp was going nuts!!!!

i woke up and the star, all the snails, and my favorite shrimp were all dead :(

the conch might be alive but i dk :(
and i need those questions answered im panicking here guys!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store