converting freshwater to brackish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kjd277

AC Members
Jan 27, 2005
A buddy of mine had one that was at least a foot and a half and still growing. Pacu, that is.

Karnaaj

AC Members
Jan 7, 2005
Cincinnati, Oh
The last time I was in Just About Fish it was a straight salt water only store, no fresh water of any kind. I think you believe your friend so much because he tells you exactly what it is you want to hear rather than the facts. The unfortunate thing is nobody can stop you from abusing your fish the way they can stop you from abusing mammals and birds.

"NOT EVERYONE WHO BUYS A FISH CAN AFFORD TO KEEP IT OR HOUSE IT THEIR WHOLE LIVES ". That statement is exactly true. Thats why responsible aquarists don't buy fish they can't provide suitable housing for throughout their lives. Most of the time you
CANNOT find a home for a fish that has outgrown a tank. That would be like buying a St Bernard puppy for your one bedroom apt., and then taking it to the shelter a year later because you can't take care of it anymore.

Last edited:

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
What SG is your brackish tank? Are you using marine salt? 1 year in the entire life of a fish is not very long.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store