Converting to a planted tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SafaditM3

Encouragement..Yes!
Aug 4, 2010
New York, NY
www.punchedinthepodcast.com
Real Name
Chris
No they're fine they all get along, I have had them now for a few months along with the pleco with no issues. I bought the pleco when he was just a little over an inch now he's about 3" long. I'm also looking into ferts glad you reminded.. I am completely clueless of what my exact needs are ie: types of ferts and dosing

SafaditM3

Encouragement..Yes!
Aug 4, 2010
New York, NY
www.punchedinthepodcast.com
Real Name
Chris
Oh no I'm aware of how large they become I was already warned. lol ONe of my friends has a 180g home waiting for the day he gets too big which by they way he is growing would be in a few more months. But aside from that I'll consider getting a BN it's a pretty interesting looking fish. Do you have anymore suggestions for a bottom feeder? :) and thank you for helping me out you and Chris.:thm:

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I wouldn't call them scavengers per se...they'll eat whatever falls to the bottom but on many occasions mine would come to the top so they should really be accounted for when you feed other fish. Sinking pellets or wafers are good and they relish live/frozen foods like any other fish. Also their mouth structure isn't designed to rasp at algae like plecos so no, they are not algae eaters.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store