Converting to a planted tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SafaditM3

Encouragement..Yes!
Aug 4, 2010
New York, NY
www.punchedinthepodcast.com
Real Name
Chris
Little update:

-My lights should be here later this afternoon as per FedEx tracking.

-CO2 reactor, Diffuser, tubing, check valves, and some suction cups are suppossed to be here next week.

-Will try to also post pics of the tank in it's current state.

-Also I was told that the floating plants I bought off of Chrisinator should be arriving later in the afternoon.:woot:

verbal

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Northern Virginia
Real Name
Jesse
I think a BN would be the best replacement for your sailfin pleco once his rehomed. They are pretty good algae eaters and stay reasonably small. Alot of the other small plecos do not eat nearly as much algae.

SafaditM3

Encouragement..Yes!
Aug 4, 2010
New York, NY
Real Name
Chris
Here are the pics with the new light fixture. I can't wait to get rid of the fake plants, the fake coral I put in there for my daughter and get some live plants. I'm thinking of going with a SE Asian theme. Also I drew up a diagram of the DIY CO2 set up on paint(lol) I'm planning to use. If there is anything wrong with it please let me know.

IMG_0015.JPG IMG_0017.JPG IMG_0018.JPG

Attachments

SafaditM3

Encouragement..Yes!
Aug 4, 2010
New York, NY
Real Name
Chris
UMMM Floating plants.... You are really going to have to keep up with that, they can completely cover the top of the tank IN NO TIME.

No I will I know there will be alot of maintenance. I just want to make sure my Gouramis have a place to breed and my endlers have a safe spot for their fries.

SafaditM3

Encouragement..Yes!
Aug 4, 2010
New York, NY
Real Name
Chris
update

-The floating plants I ordered aren't here yet because USPS isn't very reliable. So I hope they get here before something happens to them.
-As you can see my new light got here.
-CO2 indicator and other goodies should be here next week.
-Going to start shopping around AC and plant sites for plants mostly found in Asian settings.

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
you don't need a bubble counter. your gas separator will be your bubble counter. other than that it looks fine to me.

SafaditM3

Encouragement..Yes!
Aug 4, 2010
New York, NY
Real Name
Chris
Thank you. The buble counter is there as a more reliable source for counting them and just incase I ever go pressurized it's less stuff to look for. What would a good mix be for the yeast and sugar mixture? And why do I keep reading about jell-o being used what's that about?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store