crabs?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
I will have to think about it.

The lobster thing was orange, but I remember red being in the name for some reason.

Any other ideas? I am not limited to crabs, always open for something else.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Like a box that had a big air bubble in it?

found it
http://www.crabhomes.com/

What about dwarf frogs? I know I had one before and it hid and I dont think it made it up for air very much (or at all). But I also had no idea what I was doing then. Now I know a lot more.

I know it says 18in tall or shorter. Pretty sure my 29 is 18in tall. So maybe a suction cup land thing for it to rest on and then go the rest of the way up? Or if I get rocks to make a structure, they could start on that and get to the surface easier.

TabisFish

AC Members
Jan 21, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
Real Name
Tabi Underwood
Like a box that had a big air bubble in it?

What about dwarf frogs? I know I had one before and it hid and I dont think it made it up for air very much (or at all). But I also had no idea what I was doing then. Now I know a lot more.

I know it says 18in tall or shorter. Pretty sure my 29 is 18in tall. So maybe a suction cup land thing for it to rest on and then go the rest of the way up? Or if I get rocks to make a structure, they could start on that and get to the surface easier.
Dwarf frogs are fully submerged and may work, depending on your other stock. They're practically blind and very slow to find food so they can't have much competition

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Crabs are more interesting for sure. Just looking at options here.

Not stuck on the crabs, but here is a quote from that site in my edited post #16.

If you don’t want to worry about having true brackish water, you can add half this amount of salt and the fiddler crab would still be fine. For fresh water aquariums it is good for the fish to have some salt added to the water. It helps the fish to have a protective layer over them, thus preventing diseases.
I remember some people saying this about the salt. Would guppies be fine adding salt? How about a dwarf gourami? (planned in the stock, but not final). If not, what are some fish that would be fine with salt?

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
guppies can tolerate quite a bit of salt, along with mollies. Not sure how tolerant gourami's are, you'd want to avoid most scaleless fish most won't tolerate much salt. Several different gobies that will be ok with salt.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Thanks, I found this diy one as well.

[video=youtube;63G0OxAfWv0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63G0OxAfWv0&feature=plcp[/video]

I would probably use one of the larger ones for like 32 cds. I will test out some diy designs of my own since the tank is cycling anyway.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store