culling matters

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
i understand what you're trying to do, but overall it makes me sad. i think of culling more as a method to remove defective fish (sickly, deformed, unwanted mutations). it just seems like a big waste of life to only keep a couple and destroy the rest simply because they are less colorful. you're going to do what you're going to do, but it doesn't seem very compassionate to me.

Easydoesit

AC Members
Mar 17, 2008
Taxachusetts
same here, its kind of sad. all those babies swimming around look happy as ever lol. then your just gonna kill em because theyre not pretty.
its like killing ugly babies.

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
ugly smiling babies that just want to be fed. and loved. and then fed again.

0live

128 mb tempura
Mar 14, 2008
area code 401
ugly smiling babies that just want to be fed. and loved. and then fed again.
hahaha.

Sorry. Thats awesome.

Though.. feeding home bred fry to a fish that would otherwise take feeders makes the job easier. Pet shop feeders scare the crap out of me. they all look so pathetic and sick.

maybe I should stop looking at Petco feeders, but you get my point.

terror spawnin

AC Members
Jun 2, 2007
Everyone cries "Oh the humanity" until they are busting with fry they can't get rid of.
It is not as easy as one may think to sell or give away fry...unless for feeders.
This aquariests only guilt would be to seperate the breeding parents. You would feel the same way if you were in their shoes.

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
don't worry your doing the right thing, i'm a farmer and have to cull al types of animals and most times they just go to auction, and you try not to think of it again, but that is whats got to be done to keep true healthy genitic type, and not funky looking inferior types just grin and bear it...

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
culling is a very real fact of breeding.

Easydoesit

AC Members
Mar 17, 2008
Taxachusetts
lol, you say "youre doing the right thing" like youre so sure.
nobody culls people, im sure not all of you guys are super pretty or handsom or tall or smooth skinned.
if you cant keep them, you shouldnt be breeding them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store