Daily Log of Constructing a Tropical Fish Pond

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Well....have we put some pieces together yet?

lousybreed

Aquaria Central Site Controller
Sep 7, 2004
Bay Area, CA
Well....have we put some pieces together yet?
NO!! Kitchen sink plumbing decided to spray garbage disposal mulch all over the place. So I got to clean that up instead. Pics tomorrow! I promise.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I hate sink plumbing..that and drywall.

soccerkidbs

How do you like me now?
Mar 9, 2007
Medford
nah sink plumbing is not so bad, but drywall omg i hate the stuff. Drywalling a house last summer was enough of that for a life time... cant wait to see the pics of the pond.

lousybreed

Sep 7, 2004
Bay Area, CA
Back in action

Well I finally finished staining all the wood. Here are some pics to take a look at. Now I have to paint them with the water sealant, let dry and then I will finally start constructing the frames. I am leaving town for easter so I won't get much done in the next week. The first pic shows what the wood looks like when you first stain it. If you look it even looks wet. The second and third pic are stained vs. unstained wood. Do you guys think I made a good choice for the stain?

Just Stained.JPG Wood.JPG Wood Comarison.JPG

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
should be a nice set up ..'can't do anything like that here..too cool and the freakin cranes would have a field day.
on a side note..i make handcrafted smoking pipes..when you mentioned sandaper I saw the 150..LOL
I start with 180 for my pipes and work to 1500 LOL

but talk about smooth...;)

lousybreed

Sep 7, 2004
Bay Area, CA
should be a nice set up ..'can't do anything like that here..too cool and the freakin cranes would have a field day.
on a side note..i make handcrafted smoking pipes..when you mentioned sandaper I saw the 150..LOL
I start with 180 for my pipes and work to 1500 LOL

but talk about smooth...;)
1500!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is that like "rough" silk!!!!!!!!! That almost has to be smooth......Man you must be real patient. If you ever get bored, come on down to cali and sand away! It would be nice to use walnut instead of pine with a 1500 finish!!!

If you have any hints on how to sand like a pro please let me know because I still have the last 4 boards to do. These boards will be on the top of the pond, thus meaning they will be very visible!

lousybreed

Sep 7, 2004
Bay Area, CA
Pond Liners

OK....I am looking into pond liners. They all look like they will be somewhere around 90 bucks. I am going to buy the best, Firestone EPDM 45 mil liner. I have a question, people are talking about using a pond liner. Does anyone think that will be necessary with an above ground pond? I plan on lining the pond with card board and paper.....

Thanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store