Dead fishy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Onna Shinigami

AC Members
Oct 3, 2002
Tennessee
There are a few LFS but they're all about the same distance away or further. And I dont really see the point in having to buy the same things I've already bought. I've had about 20-30 guppies before in a 10 gal. and tested the water and everything would come out clean and no problems. I wasn't entirely expecting the fish to make the trip out to where I'm at. I figured taking him was better than having him fed to another fish. That and knowing my luck, I've never been able to keep a tetra of any kind alive for more than 3 weeks, so this isnt the first one I've lost. I'm just lucky that my bettas do as well as they are in the water at this place.

Onna

Pufferpoison

Like a dolls eyes
Feb 6, 2006
Onna Shinigami said:
I'm not sure at the moment but my ph is usually about normal and amonia usually stays low.

Onna
um your ammonia "usually" stays low? and your ph is normal? what's normal and ANY ammonia reading is unacceptable. also you can tell your water paremeters by looking at fish, wow do you read palms also? :duh:

plus the 30 guppies in a 10G tank and you just can't understand why you can never keep a tetra alive? what a freaking #$$#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. do you have a cousin named pran?

Rosemary

AC Members
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
rosemaryamey.ca
Looking at your fish is no substitute for testing the water. By the time the fish are showing visible signs of stress, they have been living in unhealthy conditions for a while.

Testing the water is one of the first steps to identifying what is wrong. Please don't wait and see if more of your fish die. A test kit for ammonia costs about the same as seeing a movie (at least around here; YMMV), and it really is important. And with a small tank, testing the water is even more important than for a large tank.

Last edited:

kooter

AquaMan
Dec 14, 2003
Mission, BC
If you don't want to buy another test kit and/or don't have yours "handy" you could always go to a LFS and they will test your water for you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store