Discus in peril

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dale W.

Formerly known as "Reefscape"
Oct 7, 1998
Koloa, Kauai, Hawaii
www.TheKOR.org
More than likely it is a bacterial infection from what I see. The swim bladder issue is in general a secondary thing. The other bummer is once they start the head standing, they usually don't come out of that one. How long have you had these fish and did you treat them at all when you got them? I will forward this to a good friend, Rodney, who owns Hawaiidiscus.com and maybe I can get him to chime in. IMO he is one of the best out there for discus and discus treatment.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
curious..what is the temp of the water?
how long have you had these fish?

what is their water change and feeding schedule?

the discus look a bit thin. could be bacterial but could also be internal parasites. is the remaining Discus eating?

crows4hire

AC Members
Feb 11, 2008
Houston, TX
temp is 86F and the the one who passed has been with me for 6 months... he was always a little skittish.

The other one you see in the pics is fairly new (3 weeks) and he has actually fattened up a bit.

I came to the conclusion that our local water supply drastically hardended the water supply, as my Gh is typically about 143ppm and is now off the charts... I think that would be enough to do in the hardiest of fish. Sigh.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store