Discus' New 125 Gallon Home (several pics..)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Originally posted by MrGoodbytes
....... I'm glad to see you went from 80gJoe to 125gJoe so successfully. Your discus are very lucky :).
What are you planning on doing with the 80 gallon?
Graeme
The 80 gallon, its lights and stand are for sale. See the Classified section here..

Thanks for the compliments!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Thanks all for the compliments! I really appeciate that!! :)

I'm so glad the 'move' went so well -- nothing broken, no leaks, very little stress on the fish... The Discus like the extra room - they "told me"... LOL
The lights are nice too, with the 6 built-in MoonLites -- I highly recommend them!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Originally posted by as40
That IS beautiful. ...How much did a tank like that cost you (Just for the tank portion)?
Thanks!
Just the tank -- $215

JeffP

AC Members
Mar 26, 2002
Syracuse, NY
That's a beautiful looking tank. I look forward to update photos to see how it matures.

With that said, I'm almost surprised you haven't been hammered for "over crowding" or questioned on your choice of discus since most strains have been bred by evil fish breeders to produce completely unnatural coloration.;)

Grassguy

Honky-Tonk Superman
Oct 20, 2003
Hainesville, GA
Visit site
:eeek: Whoa, would you look at that. Awesome set-up. Wish I could do somethin like that. Maybe some day. Gotta get the land cleared, house built, etc etc.:sad

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Originally posted by Dragon_Lord_Tia
not working for me:( :( though i kno how good joes are as they are always kick ***
The pics didn't show?? Maybe there was a glitch and it's working now... (?)
Thanks..:)

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Originally posted by JeffP
That's a beautiful looking tank..... or questioned on your choice of discus since most strains have been bred by evil fish breeders to produce completely unnatural coloration.;)
It's amazing, on both... LOL :D

But, I was told about the coloration subject on my Discus....
If fish are bred with the plan of better coloration, I'm all for it! I am not into "injections" and such for instant colorings. Some may like the bars and neutal colors of 'wild caught' Discus. I prefer the solid colorations of my Discus.

After seeing how Discus grow rather quickly, I now think the "rule" of 1 Discus per gallon is too small a space. The 8 I had in the old 80 gallon was pushing it. This 125 is so much better..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store