DIY 72g Build w/custom canopy, UGJ & lots of extras (picture heavy)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
I wish you would have made this 4 weeks earlier, it would have been so helpful when I was resealing my 55. Nice work, I hope it holds for you. :)

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Thank you very much everyone!

I wish you would have made this 4 weeks earlier, it would have been so helpful when I was resealing my 55. Nice work, I hope it holds for you. :)
If I had the tank 4 weeks earlier I definitely would have! :) Did everything go well with your 55?

30 hours & holding!! :headbang2: & here you go BK!

This is the stand when I bought it. Almost all the scuffs marks wiped off but I am refinishing it so it will match the canopy perfectly.

Lots of bare wood! I meant to take a picture a little earlier than this but I just got so into it! I love wood work!! You can see that the doors don't sit quite right though, not sure how I am gonna fix that yet. Especially cause the doors are glued on and I do not want to go there. Love wood, hate glue!

I am almost done sanding the stand, just some detail work needs to be done in the cracks and edges. Once I am done with that I am going to move onto the canopy. Which will be the hardest part of this project by far! I think I will start another thread for that though, considering it may be a big project!

Thanks again everyone & keep checking in!

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
Nice job

spunjin

Manzanita Supplier
Aug 7, 2008
Ridgecrest, CA
seanrubino.com
Real Name
Sean Rubino
Camera Used
iPhone X
I have the same tank just the 26gal version and stand. Everything exactly the same. I am also planning on making a matching canopy this month. I think it will be a fun project since the wood slats are all beveled and the curve is made from straight wood. Should prove to be time consuming and fun task. Good luck to us.

DominionDesign

Just chillin', watching the fish.
Aug 5, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Looks nice, great job and nice pics.

Reddog80p

Permanently Dechlor'd
Nov 18, 2006
Nice work indeed! :thumbsup:

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Good luck to us indeed spunjin! Yes it should be a fun project, defineately time consuming. :)

I plan to restain it. Our living room walls have pine paneling on the bottom half (I can't remember what it is called!) so it will match nicely. I currently have the 36g (same stand) in there and it looks like it was made for the room!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store