DIY CO2 made easy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
Fish will be fine. One thing you can do is while you are doing your maintenance, is lift the diffuser out of the water, drain off any water on top of the disk and then pour on some H2O2 and let it sit while you complete your maintenance. When you are done, just dip the diffuser a few times in clean water and put back in the tank. This should keep it nice and clean (one thing I haven't been doing but will start with the bottle I just put on yesterday).

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
After reading through this again, I didn't update it with another modification to the recipe.

I tinkered around with it a bit and modified the sugar portion of it.

My new sugar recipe is 1 cup regular cane sugar and now I'm using 3/4 cup light brown sugar as well. The bit of molasses adds a bit more suppliment to the yeast.

Now....if I can just find a diffuser that will last as long as the mix...... :) I find they need to be cleaned a couple of times during the life of the mix. A little H2O2 during weekly maintenance has helped with that though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store