DIY CO2 made easy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
That is one that I have not been able to test. I've tried ordering it a couple of times but they arrived broken each time. Seems to be too fragile.

Should be fine to run as normal. I always recommend using a drop checker as well. I can turn them yellow at times. ;o) You can run an airstone at night which will help ease the nerves too.
do i need to let it run outside of the tank for 24 hours before puting it into the tank with shrimp? i dont want my berried females to drop.

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
You can put it in right after you mix it.

However, if you just made the bottles and used silicone, let cure for at least 24hours and then be sure to rinse really well prior to use. Just to be on the safe side of things. ;)

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
ok a couple more questions (sorry)
1.do i need Co2 tubing or can i use air tubing?
2.will "enriched" rice work?
3. can the gatorade bottle be 32oz?
thanks

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
ok a couple more questions (sorry)
1.do i need Co2 tubing or can i use air tubing?
2.will "enriched" rice work?
3. can the gatorade bottle be 32oz?
thanks
- You can use regular air line tubing. I have some bottles that are over a year old using it and they are holding up just fine.

- Haven't used enriched rice but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

- The gas seperator bottle can be 32oz if that is all you have. It's just another big bottle to work with.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
- You can use regular air line tubing. I have some bottles that are over a year old using it and they are holding up just fine.

- Haven't used enriched rice but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

- The gas seperator bottle can be 32oz if that is all you have. It's just another big bottle to work with.
ok thanks! im setting mine up tonight.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store