DIY Glass Canopy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
I was going to use alumium double channel (looks like an E )and plexiglass, but to save $$$ might see whats available in plastic..
just make the panels slide over / under one another..

jahma

Registered Member
Mar 17, 2008
According to the n vision website "Electronic timers tend to have a small amount of electricity running thru them even though a lamp is shut off. The lamp will continually try to turn itself on which shortens cfl life.
N vision is the bulbs they sell at home depot that are the 5500k bulbs.
I was not using a timer but the power outage was probabley a similar effect. My coralife says to use a timer.
The beveled glass top looks great. Nice sliders. I dont want to poo-poo anything.

jahma

Registered Member
Mar 17, 2008
I image a small relay would fix the potential problem and allow you to use a timer. Maybe some computer strips protect against low voltage.

Where did you get them to cut the glass? I am building a cover myself. My emergent plants hate this dry air here.

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I image a small relay would fix the potential problem and allow you to use a timer. Maybe some computer strips protect against low voltage.

Where did you get them to cut the glass? I am building a cover myself. My emergent plants hate this dry air here.
I actually went to a pretty big glass cutting place. When i say big they had sheets of 15' x 30' REALLY thick glass.. They did a perfect job and the price couldnt be better..
Prior to that i tried calling up a few places, one place said $15 one time next time i called they wanted $25... (some small glass cutting, screen fixing shop)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store