DIY - Root Tabs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Hey Tim, nice to see you here. That's the clay I almost got but found Mexican red instead. I have lots if you want some.

They had both at AC Moore. They almost always have coupons, just ask at the register.

timwag2001

AC Members
Apr 25, 2009
MA
i asked because the two products seem a little different.

also one box is a 25 pound box, my girlfriends son would really appreciate the rest of the clay. the 25 pound box of terra cotta is also only a few dollars more than the small box of mexican red. so i would like to use the terra cotta if i could

carolinyens

AC Members
Apr 20, 2009
Butner NC
Are tabs better than liquid fert? I always wondered why the tabs cost so much compared to the liquid.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Some plants are root feeders like crypts & swords but most plants can get nutrients from the water column. Tabs are nice for people like me who do low tech tanks & the forgetful. Tabs are usually given every month or 2 instead of 2 or more times a week.

addicted2fish

" Can you come out to play ? "
Mar 19, 2008
wow, well I have been trying to make my own now for MTHS !! I an only find the right clay at the hobby lobby here, in s.c. , we dont have the other stores you guys /gals have metioned. ... and a 5lb bag/box was like 20.00 !!! way too much clay , ie> I* dont need that much !! and way too high on the price for all that red mexican clay I wont be needing !!!! So I am going to a few places at the beach when I visit there for a night on the 5th, me & the BF are going to myrtle beach *( 45 min away ) for a night of relaxation and walking on the beach, visiting the aquarium there, and other neat fish stores, and neat places. I know they have a micheals, I will look online for any locations of the stores you guys have mentioned, I really like the 7.00 deal, that sounds a little more fair, but as I am spending tons on root tabs every other mth, I guess ethier way its a saving $$ .. really . I use dry ferts as well, but I like to give my root feeders a xtra treat' every other mth or so . hurts no one, and they jump up in size every time !! lol ~ thanxs for the recipe , I will be using it !! ~~~~~~~~~~~

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store