DIY Slate wall

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AquariumNoob13

I AM NOT A N00B!
Aug 27, 2007
Bonita, Ca
and don't forget to mention me in ur sig if u decide to use it. lol. ^_^

THE V

Hiding from my children
Nov 25, 2007
Washington
Real Name
Mr. Incognito
Looks like way too much work too me.

My parents live in the middle of nowhere in Nevada and they have tons of slate around them. They just used it to rebuild there fireplace and had some sitting in their garage. So when they invited themselves to my place for Christmas, I made them bring me 50lbs of slate. I broke it up and stacked it in my 125. My koi (that have a home in a pond in the spring) have been rearranging it to their desires. Kind of looks like a natural rock-pile now. I'm thinking of renting the koi out as decorators.

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Looks like way too much work too me.

My parents live in the middle of nowhere in Nevada and they have tons of slate around them. They just used it to rebuild there fireplace and had some sitting in their garage. So when they invited themselves to my place for Christmas, I made them bring me 50lbs of slate. I broke it up and stacked it in my 125. My koi (that have a home in a pond in the spring) have been rearranging it to their desires. Kind of looks like a natural rock-pile now. I'm thinking of renting the koi out as decorators.
hardest part was actually trying to find the right place for each piece.. everything else was pretty simple

jessivore

AC Members
Apr 30, 2007
It looks very nice!

beviking

Senior Member, Sophomoric Attitude
Feb 16, 2002
Syracuse, NY
Looking good bk828. The artsy fartsy types will tell you not to make it too symetrical and something about a "golden rule" 3:2 or some ratio of "the perfect center" which is actually off center :wall: I think the idea is if you make a point to point out the actual center, you bring to light the fact that your aquascape is actually in a tank and you shouldn't do that for a more natural presentation. It's your tank, do what you want! I never was artistically inclined :( or :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store