Do clownfish hide?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

i_limantara

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Indonesia
I would put it down to stress and new enviroment..Just keep a close eye on the little dude..

Niko
i am agree with niko.... and germanman also correct.....
first because new environment.... like my clown fish.... need around 24 hours.....

parametar water also important.... the clown fish already stress during shipment and new environment... and it can be worsh if the water parametar not so good.....

VickyH

AC Members
Mar 7, 2007
Medway, Kent
Still no sign of little shark bait! I've moved some rock to look for him but it is making my water really cloudy, I can only assume he has died but I can't find him. Should I keep moving all the rock and corals until I find him?

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
**** the luck, eh?

Did you look really carefully all the wat around the top (and possibly behind any filtration or tubes coming into your tank?

When my clowns were brand new they stayed up towards the top of the water the entire time.

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
Yep heep movin em. he may be a good hider it wouldn't be the first time a fish got the better of a member here.

VickyH

AC Members
Mar 7, 2007
Medway, Kent
I'm due a water change tomorrow any way, will have another look in the morning.

VickyH

AC Members
Mar 7, 2007
Medway, Kent
I have tested water this morning and amonia is up slightly at 0.25, nitrite 0 and nitrate between 5 and 10. Could the raised amonia be a sign there is a dead fish in the tank? I think maybe i've been overfeeding slightly too - how often should I be feeding? - I have been alternating daily between flake and mysis, both of which the female clownfish has been eating but I didn't see either of the males eat

VickyH

AC Members
Mar 7, 2007
Medway, Kent
HELP!!!!

I have now moved every single piece of rock in the tank and cannot find that b****y fish anywhere! I've looked behind all filter hoses, heaters powerheads you name it I've moved it! Where has it gone?????????

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store