do we have any piranha people on here?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ofarevolution31

da nite jus brings us back together
Apr 11, 2005
portland, oregon
hey im jus wondering bcuz i love pirnahas and i guess i am a piranha guy so it would be cool to talk to someone who likes piranhas too or something... lol

:D

ofarevolution31

Apr 11, 2005
portland, oregon
haha nice.. :)

um in a 55g tank u could get 3 in there for life... or u can squeze in 4 piranhas.. u should get some.. there an awesome fish!!!!! i love mine

ashdavid

In Search Of Better Water Quality
Mar 27, 2005
Japan
Ask Sublime he has a couple of RBP.

ofarevolution31

Apr 11, 2005
portland, oregon
he dosent have to ask sublime.. lol. hes fine asking me. :duh:

um u can get 3 or 4 like i said... and its cheaper if u get them younger.. and its cool to watch them grow up.. so i would buy them as babies.. they grow so amazingly fast, but once they hit 4 inches or so, they slow down alot... but yeah. i hope ur mom lets u get that.. it will b real tight if u get that. good luck... any questions jus ask

sky.eyes.woman

I'd rather be in Hockeytown!
Dec 6, 2004
Greenville, SC
Hurdle, do you live close to Jackson? If so, try and see if B&C Aquarium is still open. They carried a few different varities of piranhas...I saw one-eyed ones in there a few times. That's a good 'Mom & Pop' store that has a lot of really nice fish. I haven't been in there in years, and I remember hearing 'Pop' talk about closing the place, so it might not be there anymore.
They've got kind of a weird law here in SC about piranhas, they are legal to own but not legal to sell and you can't have a male and a female in your possesion at the same time. I'd kind of like a couple, but I'm sorta scared of them too. I know I'd forget myself and stick my hand in the water at some point.

sky.eyes.woman

I'd rather be in Hockeytown!
Dec 6, 2004
Greenville, SC
Ah, well...I'm not sure where Williamston is, but you can probably find some closer to you. There's piranhas all over the place there, which was hard for me to get used to seeing in the stores there since I grew up in Florida. The lady at B&C laughed at me when I first saw them in there and was all like, "OMG! You sell PIRANHAS here?!?! How is that legal?" I hadn't thought of how cold it gets there, hehe.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store