do your fish have names?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
I normally just name the bettas. Right now it is Darius (the wimpiest betta you will ever see). My parents' tank's residents have received nicknames though. The tetras are refered to as The Gang, There is Big Red the gourami, Zippy the chocolate gourami, Fox (the flying fox of course).

andytwite

AC Members
Apr 25, 2004
Vermont
Visit site
Sunburst Orange Platy - Micky
Gold Twinbar Platy - Minnie
Rainbow Platy - Rambo (rainbow......rambo......dunno,sounds kind of similar)
Blue guppy - Bert
Red Guppy - Ernie
6 Neon Tetras - The cast of 'Friends'
4 Albino Corys - The Marx Brothers (not including Gummo)
3 yo-yo loaches - The Pointer Sisiters
Wife's betta - Gus
My Betta - Mac

* Names are not assigned ona gender basis, merely on what I find amusing at the time!:D

bortsamson

Resident Cat herder
Aug 6, 2003
Abbotsford, BC. Canada Eh?
Visit site
yep
guppies-pineapple, lemon, orange, zest....uh, I will remember more later
Bettas- Cherry Bomb(very red), Fifi (if you see him, you will know why) Squishy(Female) Sunset (orange finned female) and Pearl (all white)
Neons- They were the 7 dwarfs, but now down to 6
Pleco-Dammit, it suits him, Just think "Dammit, what he eat now?"
Cories- The polkas, the corys's and their leader Usucki
Loach-Tiger Junior
Snail-Batman
Otos- the stripes
Black skirts- Bill, bob, jim, tom and the white one Milky
thats all I can think of at the moment

side note: Fifi is named as such because he tries to act 5 times his size and most of the community just ignores his repeated flarings, its rather funny to watch

Last edited:

Bucho

Just along for the ride
Dec 13, 2002
Visit site
13" Albino Oscar- Bucho
10" Albino Oscar- Margarita
Black Moor- Gomer
Calico Moor- Goober
Blk Mystery Snail- Lightning
Gldn Mystery Snail- Speedy

Kall

AC Members
Apr 21, 2004
Visit site
Tiger barb female trio: Swim, Swam and Swum
Tiger barb male: FishyFishy
(he's always chasing the females and my wife says "bad fishyfishy - leave those girls alone!")

Panda Cory: Spot
Three Striped/Leopard Cory: The Brain
Albino Cory: Pinky
(this guy is a freak: he NEVER stays still, if he isnt looking for food he races up and down the entire length and width of the tank nonstop - the one time in 3 months I found him not moving, I thought he was dead!)

Rava

Betta Babe
Dec 26, 2002
CA
I always name my fish, as I've only ever had very small tanks/small numbers at a time. My first fish I had since I was little was named Cordelia. :D Anne of Green Gables thing...

My current fishes are Vitara (red, female betta). She was named after a car, I think. My sister's previous male betta was named Rava, hence my name. He was named after the Rav4 car, as I have bad eyesight and always thought it said "Rava". :p Her current betta we took months to name, then gave him a really kewl name, and now can't remember it. :rolleyes: So I call him, and my best friend's betta, Bean. Hehe. :)

brookelyn

AC Members
Mar 18, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
I don't name all my fish, especially if they're in schools (such as my corys), but I do name my bettas.

- Senshi (blue male VT betta)
- Nanashi (red/pink male VT betta)
- Sakura (female CT betta)

Betty Betta

AC Members
Apr 30, 2004
Los Angeles
Visit site
For those not following my posts in the newbie forum, I was given the "innards" of a tank that was being taken down (gravel, filter, etc.), and on cleaning the supposedly empty tank out discovered two fish still alive.

I named them

Jen - White Skirt Tetra
Ben - serpae tetra

Bennifer, in short.

Sadly, Ben passed away yesterday--the victim of a newly cycling tank and, no doubt, my newbie ineptitude--, leaving Jen available and back on the market for a new fiancee and gifts of major *bling bling.*

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store