do your fish have names?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
I've names some of my fish . Like most people I tend to name the ones that have the most personality. Mostly s.w. but just had to post
:D
beta sushi
clown grumpy
bi colored blenny sneaky
mollies Pigs
royal gramah head stand
pajama cardinals the crew.
buble tipped anemone the black hole
condalctys anemonie the glutton

Finster

AC Members
May 20, 2004
Missouri
Real Name
Joe
I've been though a lot of fish in the 40 on and off years that i've been keeping fish. The only one that I ever named was Jaws. He was a tiger oscar that was more like a "real" pet than any fish I ever had. He followed me through the room in his tank, he learned to be gentle when he took pieces of shrimp from my fingers, and he even watched tv when his tank light was out. He lived with me for 10 years until a prolonged power outage claimed his life this past winter. My tank has been empty since then. A fish that looks you in the eye, and watches you as much as you watch him, is the kind of fish you name.

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
the only fish I have named are all in the 20 gal.

angelfish-sherif
betta -doughnut
khulies -flag and jigsaw, and yes I can tell them apart

funny I havn't named my sargent major loach

Anne L.

AC Members
Dec 3, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
My kids named some of the fish.

Our biggest glowlight tetra is named Glow. The smallest one is Stripey. The other one doesn't have a name or I've forgotten it.

One of the rasboras is named Raspberry, and I don't remember the other names.

Our peppered corys are Pepper and Queenfish(the biggest one). We had a Salt to go along with them, but sadly, he died.

Silly, hmm?

becky_e

AC Members
Apr 21, 2004
Minnesota, USA
www.geocities.com
Anne, those aren't silly names at all! my fish is Fish. I had a spotted dog named Pepper, then a yellow dog named Sonny. They sound like the names kids give their pets!

Currently I have a gray cat named Misty and a black cat named Midnight! I guess grown-ups do it, too!

QCppg

Carp for brains!
May 4, 2004
Visit site
We named my dad's tinfoil barf "Schwanenfeld." The reason for this is the scientific name (Barbus Schwanenfeldi), and the 1960s aquarium book we identified him from described it as a "Schwanenfeld's Barb." The fish is somewhere between 9-12 years old.

I named my Koi "Wally" after Wal-Mart (where I purchaced it). The next Koi I get will be named "Tony" after the owner of the LFS, wether it comes from there or not.

Last edited:

tawnylane

AC Members
Dec 5, 2003
Louisville
Visit site
Ours are office pets, so, of course!

Dwarf Flame gourami: Rainbow
Peppered cories: Cory, Lori, and Dory
Cherry barbs: Red and Jupiter
CAE: Streak
Alto. calvus black: Calvin
Yellow labs: Cleatus and Roscoe
White-skirt Tetra: Tet (go figure:rolleyes: )
Long-finned Leopard danios: the Dans

chefkeith

Loach Inspector
Aug 17, 2003
Detroit
I usually don't give my fish names except for when they are in my Q-tank. I had one fish that I named Maximus because it was whirling, just swimming in circles, for about 3 weeks. Another fish I named Spike because it's dorsal fin was ripped . Another fish I called Big Mamma because I'd have to q-her sometimes after she layed eggs.

silentskream

AC Members
May 16, 2004
Florida
i have an update on my new fishtank (55gal)

Wilbur is in there (see previous post)

the rest are all about an inch long:

one red cap oranda - Baby
one orange fan tail - Junior (named junior because he looks just like Fido, a fish i had when i was very young)
one lion head - Goliath

and i'm still trying to find a blue oranda.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store