Dog AND Cat ownership statistics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Can you all see how the cat owner is compelled to address even the most ridiculous of claims which they interpret as a slight against cat-kind. This is due to a parasite which lives in the cats intestines and infect the human brain. The infection causes the human to act irrationally and actually seek out cat boxes so they can consume more of the parasite and spread infection.
hey Zaffy would this parasite be similar to parasites the dog has that makes the dog owner interact..play fetch.. go for walks
oh and pick up after the dog..which every responsible dog owner should do..

;)

Southernwind

AC Members
Jan 20, 2013
I own three dogs and two cats. I love them all. Dogs have good and bad qualities as do cats. My cat teases my dogs to provoke them to chase him. They race through the house. Then the cat skids to a stop and goes after the dogs and the chase begins with the "prey" becoming "predator". I enjoy both dogs and cats.

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
hey Zaffy would this parasite be similar to parasites the dog has that makes the dog owner interact..play fetch.. go for walks
oh and pick up after the dog..which every responsible dog owner should do..

;)
No, the parasite cats carry is Toxoplasma gondii. From wikipedia "... T. gondii has also been linked to pre-natal depression as well as increased anxiety and depression during pregnancies. It has also been linked with mood disturbances in nonpregnant populations, including schizophrenia and suicidal behavior."

Playing fetch and going for walks are behaviors which haven't been shown to be caused by a parasite, but rather are activities shared between species who have a strong mutualistic bond. It's been hypothesized that humans were able to domesticate prey animals because we had forged a close bond with dogs early in our development.

metricliman

Senior Member (not)
Dec 6, 2012
New York
Now now children. We all know fish are far superior to dogs AND cats.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
I feel bad for the OP, having his thread hijacked. To answer your question OP, I have looked around and I can not find any decimated number of how many households have both cats and dogs, I hope you are able to find it.

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store