Dorm Tank for the Betta

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

serissime

second-guessing
Nov 24, 2008
I have three of these tanks: Top Fin 5G Aquariums. It looks a lot bigger than 5 gallons but it doesn't take up much room at all. One fits comfortably on my dorm desk even with my dual-desktop computer setup. The supplied internal filter broke in all three of them within the first few months at the most, but if you keep the little piece of paper of who to contact, they will send you a HOB free of charge that is way better and has lasted at least 3x as long as the internal one. It's not the cutest tank but the light is pretty good right from the start so you can do low-light plants. I don't have any experience with the other bowfronts and eclipse tanks, but I thought this one was the best deal.

Pearl

AC Members
Aug 12, 2009
Michigan
Real Name
Vicki
I think no top would be a problem for keeping a betta since they have been known to jump out of their tanks (or so I've been told).

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
Ive had my betta jump, but I was there to catch him :p
an bioorbs are crap.
too expensive for what they are....

hirschy75

AC Members
Nov 14, 2006
crap so the picos out then?

should i go with the water wonders then?

i'd like to order it tomorrow so if anyone has a word of advice let me know :)

thanks

ianab

AC Members
Sep 19, 2009
New Zealand
well a ten would be nice but i need something small that i can put on my desk

whats the general census about the biorb?
A Biorb will work for what you want, it's just that they are overpriced for what you can actually keep in one.

I have a little all glass tank, it's about a 12" cube. Put a little internal filter in there, small heater and a 15w 'energy saver' flouro bulb in a desk lamp and you are good to go for low light plants.

Ian

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store