Driftwood...safe?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sounguru

Guru at being an expert
I'll tell ya what why don't you ship me that piece I will try it in my tanks and let ya know how it works.....:evil_lol:

Matt101905

Love Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Arkansas
I'll tell ya what why don't you ship me that piece I will try it in my tanks and let ya know how it works.....:evil_lol:
Sounds like a fair deal but I have a feeling that I wouldn't be getting that peice back! :headshake2: I'm glad someone else likes that peices...hopefully it won't be too tall for my 55gal. Well my other driftwood does stick out of my 55gal. :help: so why would I be conserned about that haha. Anyways I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Will the tannins stain my bathtub? I think my mom would be pretty mad.

Sounguru

Guru at being an expert
Nah they shouldn't ... What about using a garbage can to soak it in.

Matt101905

Love Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Arkansas
I used a big garbage can before when I soaked my big driftwood but it kinda had a leak in it...plus the only garbage can that I think would be big enough has my moms chicken feed it in...we can't leave that out otherwise the mice would chew a hole in the bottom of the bag. Stupid mice....

addicted2fish

" Can you come out to play ? "
Mar 19, 2008
I belive it would be fine to soak it in the tub the make some awesome cleaners now a days ... like bleach ... if you soaked your wood say 2 mths . then took it out, presser wash it as often as you can while scrubbing it down with some sort of wire brush , or a heavy duty cleaning brisle brush .. pressurewash again & again .... fill the empty tub up with HOT water & add a whole contanier of bleach . then you can also get soft scrub with vleach , OMG that stuff WORKS , be careful and dont inhale too much of these chemicals def open up all the windows nearby and let the blaech /and /or softscrub sit soaking in the tub a few days, then wipe down with rag.towel . I THINK it shoudl be fine . now I am NOT positive ...

YOUR stump pc IS AWESOME !!!!!! I would def try to use it !! ~~~

Sounguru

Guru at being an expert
Umm I never presoaked my pieces I just washed them with a brush and hose then silconed them to the bottom of the tank....:lipssealedsmilie:

Matt101905

Love Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Arkansas
I belive it would be fine to soak it in the tub the make some awesome cleaners now a days ... like bleach ... if you soaked your wood say 2 mths . then took it out, presser wash it as often as you can while scrubbing it down with some sort of wire brush , or a heavy duty cleaning brisle brush .. pressurewash again & again .... fill the empty tub up with HOT water & add a whole contanier of bleach . then you can also get soft scrub with vleach , OMG that stuff WORKS , be careful and dont inhale too much of these chemicals def open up all the windows nearby and let the blaech /and /or softscrub sit soaking in the tub a few days, then wipe down with rag.towel . I THINK it shoudl be fine . now I am NOT positive ...

YOUR stump pc IS AWESOME !!!!!! I would def try to use it !! ~~~

Alright thanks for the info. I just wonder how long that piece of wood, would take to fully soak.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store