Dwarf CrayFish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
lol get that tounge.

But what size do dwarfs stay at? they dont have any in my Fort Wayne IN lfs
Capable of still catching a fish if they wanted?

I was going to add. the crayfish they do sell in my area are already grown to there max 5-6" and are 20.00 and up oowwww.
So thats why i decided to catch my own lol. kinda hill billy in a ditch next to the highway with my net and empty ice cream pale with my fiance lol.
She spotted him too i totally didnt see any.
lol how is he coming along? got pix?

I wouldve done the same thing, only if they had streams/lakes with them down here in NYC

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
I've never heard of dwarf crayfish being sold at LFS. Even online, it's still a bit uncommon.

A lot of LFS do sell larger crayfish while they're young.

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I've never heard of dwarf crayfish being sold at LFS. Even online, it's still a bit uncommon.

A lot of LFS do sell larger crayfish while they're young.
some family operated fs at times get a special order in. Like my LFS once in a while gets piranhas, bamboo shrimp and others you wouldnt normally find in say Petco/petsmart/petland discounts..

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
...actually, the Petcos and Petlands around here always carry bamboo shrimp! :)
Certainly no piranhas though.

theotheragentm

AC Members
Nov 28, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
To get Piranhas, you need to go to the local Chinatown and see the second tank labeled Red Belly Pacus. They're not. :)

As far as Dwarf Crayfish goes, 1.5" is max length I've read and seen myself. I got mine on AquaBid, but that was during the summer months. I'm thinking about spreading them out to a spare 10-gallon and seeing if I can spread the wealth. I haven't been paying much attention to their survival rate as I see little ones here and there and assume they're doing fine. If I do get their numbers up, I'll offer them up, but for now they're my babies.

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
To get Piranhas, you need to go to the local Chinatown and see the second tank labeled Red Belly Pacus. They're not. :)

As far as Dwarf Crayfish goes, 1.5" is max length I've read and seen myself. I got mine on AquaBid, but that was during the summer months. I'm thinking about spreading them out to a spare 10-gallon and seeing if I can spread the wealth. I haven't been paying much attention to their survival rate as I see little ones here and there and assume they're doing fine. If I do get their numbers up, I'll offer them up, but for now they're my babies.
:headbang2::headbang2: well hurry and get their numbers up lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store